Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ntp between ipv4 and ipv6
Operating Systems Solaris Ntp between ipv4 and ipv6 Post 302878387 by naveen.surisett on Friday 6th of December 2013 01:26:07 AM
Old 12-06-2013
Hi,

tunneling needs setting up a router with an ipv4 address again. Can the same machine can be used for tunneling setup?

Thanks
Naveen

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

convert from ipv4 to ipv6

hello i'm working on aix 5300-05-03 hacmp ver 5.4 well my issue is that when firewall (gateway to internet ) goes down my machine start to work very very slowly!!! the output of the sniffer is that on the output card , my machine try to convert ipv4 to ipv6 0.0.2.0 my machine is not configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

2. AIX

convert ipv4 ti ipv6

hello i'm working on AIX 5300-05-03 P520 hacmp 5.4 when connection to the internet is going down , firewall down, my application work verey verey slowly!!! and on the sliffer output i'm got trys of my serevr to do convert from ipv4 ipv6 ( 0.0.2.0 and AAAAAAAA). some one have an idea why... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

3. Solaris

(Help) IPv6 tunneling over existing IPv4 in Solaris

Hi folks, i hope you'll help me to configure my ipv6 tunnel. First, i create my tunnel in: Hurricane Electric Free IPv6 Tunnel Broker My IP is 83.228.93.34 in HE: ------------------------ Server IPv4 address: 216.66.84.46 Server IPv6 address: 2001:470:1f14:16a::1/64 Client IPv4 address: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: static
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ASK] How to check whether ipv4 or ipv6 and ping those IP

I have perl script that I use to check and ping a list of ip, The problem is, I didnt understand how to ping ipv6 on perl, Could I use Ping::External??And how could I get the ping result (reply or not)? This is my code #!/usr/bin/perl -- use Net::Ping; use Data::Validate::IP; use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

IPv4 and IPv6 Related Question to CentOS VMs

Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to run two VMs one with services for IPv4 and the other one with services for IPv6. The main physical system would be connected to a IPv6 switch. I think it should be fine but I would like to hear out your comments. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
1 Replies

6. Solaris

NTP server to support IPv4 and IPv6 client

Hi I am looking to have an NTP server that will support both ipv4 and ipv6 clients. Is there anything specific about the configuration that I should be looking at? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
7 Replies

7. Solaris

ISC DHCP ipv4 and ipv6 options

Hi I am looking to set-up ISC DHCP to support ipv6, and to migrate my existing SUN DHCP ipv4 to ISC, finding the ipv4 options for the SUN DHCP options was ok eg TFTPsrvN = tftp-server-name OptBootF = bootfile-name However if I set up a DHCPv6 does anyone know what the equivalent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eeisken
1 Replies

8. AIX

IPv6/IPv4 Only in AIX

Hi all, I have setup ipv6 in AIX machine using autoconf6 command. I was successfull in doing this. after execution of the command local link address was assigned to one of the interfaces (en1).But I have to setup the following environment as well. 1) Machine with only IPv6 support(IPv4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ard
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to assign IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with same interface?

Hello dears how to assign IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with same interface on solaris 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ttashman
1 Replies
update-leap(1update-leapman)					   User Commands				      update-leap(1update-leapman)

NAME
update-leap - leap-seconds file manager/updater SYNOPSIS
update-leap [-flags] [-flag [value]] [--option-name[[=| ]value]] All arguments must be options. DESCRIPTION
update-leap will validate the file currently on the local system and if necessary, updates leap-second definition file. Ordinarily, the file is found using the "leapfile" directive in ntp.conf(5). However, an alternate location can be specified on the com- mand line. If the file does not exist, is not valid, has expired, or is expiring soon, a new copy will be downloaded. If the new copy validates, it is installed and NTP is (optionally) restarted. If the current file is acceptable, no download or restart occurs. -c can also be used to invoke another script to perform administrative functions, e.g. to copy the file to other local systems. This can be run as a cron job. As the file is rarely updated, and leap seconds are announced at least one month in advance (usually longer), it need not be run more frequently than about once every three weeks. For cron-friendly behavior, define CRONJOB=1 in the crontab. This script depends on$REQUIREDCMDS OPTIONS
-s string, --source-url=string The URL of the master copy of the leapseconds file. Specify the URL of the master copy to download $LEAPSRC -4, --ipv4 Use only IPv4 addresses for DNS name resolution. This option must not appear in combination with any of the following options: ipv6. Force DNS resolution of following host names on the command line to the IPv4 namespace. _EndOfDoc_; }; flag = { name = ipv6; flags-cant = ipv4, prefer; value = 6; descrip = "Use only IPv6 addresses for DNS name resolution"; doc = <<- _EndOfDoc_ Force DNS resolution of following host names on the command line to the IPv6 namespace. _EndOfDoc_; }; flag = { name = prefer; flags-cant = ipv4, ipv6; value = p; arg-type = keyword; keyword = 4, 6; descrip = 'Prefer IPv4 or IPv6 (as specified) addresses, but use either'; doc = <<- _EndOfDoc_ Prefer IPv4 or IPv6 (as specified) addresses, but use either. -d float, --destination=float Filename on the local system. The name to use to store the leapfile on the local system. $LEAPFILE -e string, --expiration=string Refresh the leapfile this long before it expires. Specify how long before expiration the file is to be refreshed Units are required, e.g. "-e 60 days" Note that larger values imply more frequent refreshes. "$PREFETCH" -f string, --ntp-conf-file=string Location of the ntp.conf file. Specify location of ntp.conf (used to make sure leapfile directive is present and to default leapfile) /etc/ntp.conf -F, --force-update Force update of the leapfile. Force update even if current file is OK and not close to expiring. --dont-wait Don't wait for keystroke between plots. -?, --help Display usage information and exit. -!, --more-help Pass the extended usage information through a pager. -v [{v|c|n --version [{v|c|n}]}] Output version of program and exit. The default mode is `v', a simple version. The `c' mode will print copyright information and `n' will print the full copyright notice. USAGE
Usage stuff EXIT STATUS
One of the following exit values will be returned: 0 (EXIT_SUCCESS) Successful program execution. 1 (EXIT_FAILURE) The operation failed or the command syntax was not valid. 70 (EX_SOFTWARE) libopts had an internal operational error. Please report it to autogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net. Thank you. AUTHORS
Timothe Litt NOTES
This manual page was AutoGen-erated from the update-leap option definitions. ntp (4.2.8p13) 20 Feb 2019 update-leap(1update-leapman)