Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Problem With "xhost +" command-FreeBSD Post 302878275 by Browser on Thursday 5th of December 2013 10:44:49 AM
Old 12-05-2013
BSD SOLVED

Thanks for that.
I installed it with pkg_add & its now fine.
the link you gave came up very dodgy.I use an extension called "wot" & it gave the site my browser went to a poor rep So I did not enter it to have a look.
Thanks anyway as I did not know xhost was a seperate on its own pkg which is one of the reasons I was put out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "at" / "Cron" Command New Problem...Need help

Hi All, I am trying to schedule a one time job using the at command with the help of shell script for my project. The shell script should take a parameter as a command line argument from the at command itself. Is it possible to take a command line parameter for a shell script in the command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohanraj
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] problem of "hp rx8640 with EMC cx 600"

hey!guys! i have a HP rx8640 with a EMC CX600 when i run # powermt display showed Symmetrix logical device count=0 CLARiiON logical device count=85 Hitachi logical device count=0 Invista logical device count=0 HP xp logical device count=0 Ess logical device count=0 HP HSx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JoyOnLine
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with "find" and "grep" command

I want to list all files/lines which except those which contain the pattern ' /proc/' OR ' /sys/' (mind the leading blank). In a first approach I coded: find / -exec ls -ld {} | grep -v ' /proc/| /sys/' \; > /tmp/list.txt But this doesn't work. I got an error (under Ubuntu): grep:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to clear "history" command entries??

As in the title, how to clear the history entries? For eg: if i enter history, series of linux commands getting displayed from day 1. I need to clear those entries and want linux commands to be stored freshly. Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick nath
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies
idnkit.pc(4)							   File Formats 						      idnkit.pc(4)

NAME
idnkit.pc - meta information data file for libidnkit SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/idnkit.pc DESCRIPTION
idnkit.pc is the meta information data file for libidnkit(3LIB). Use pkg-config(1) to retrieve the defined values such as compile and link flags for the library. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using idnkit.pc through pkg-config The following command yields compile and link flags, if any, for libidnkit(3LIB): example% pkg-config --cflags --libs idnkit ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWidnd | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
idn_decodename(3EXT), idn_decodename2(3EXT), idn_encodename(3EXT), libidnkit(3LIB), attributes(5), environ(5), iconv(5) SunOS 5.10 19 Jun 2004 idnkit.pc(4)