Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Send file attachement in mail Post 302878260 by zozoo on Thursday 5th of December 2013 09:04:39 AM
Old 12-05-2013
u need to use uuencode for attaching files in mail
Code:
uuencode sample sample |mailx -r autoreplay@gmail.com -s "status" xyz@gmail.com

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send a mail with a subject and an attachement

Dear All: I want to send a message to a list of people with a subject and an attachement, currently I am using the following command into a shell script: uuencode $FILENAME.gz $FILENAME.gz | mail john.kennedy@mycompany.com m.m@mycompany.com With this command I can send the message for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send a mail with an attachement of a file

I wanted to try sending a mail with an attachement at command prompt in unix. Some one please advise that how we can do it ? Thanks, :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddeg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send Mail with Attachement

Hi Can somebody help me in wirting shell script in the following way.Desperately i have poseted this.. 1.How can I connect to Oracle(Sqlplus) from UNIX. 2.After connecting to it I have to execute an oracle proceudure.. 3.Execution of the procedure will give some set of rows.. 4.The set of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chgopi
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email with attachement-Getting connection refused by domain

Hi all, I am a newbie to unix. I need to send an email with an attachment in unix to some id like abc@some_company.com Code i have used is ------------Code--------------------------- #!/bin/ksh set -x #set -n #cript: unix_mail_withattachments.ksh # Aurthor: Ravin Maharaj #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachement as well as message Body..?

Hi all, i am working with CSH, i want to know that how to send a mail in UNIX shell script (CSH) with attachment as well as message body. i know that how to send a mail with attachment and message body. but i want know both things in a single mail Suggession would be appreciate. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

query about Attachement in mail

Hi All, I have general query that ...in my script i used uuencode option like below. cd /location (cat test.txt uuencode test.csv test.csv ) | mail -s "test mail" "mail_id" but whenever i run the above command its giving error like below ./testscript.sh: uuencode not found: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shahul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

attachement through mail command

Can't attach text files to 'mail' command. I dont have mutt or mailx to use on my server. so i have to use mail command any help would be great. Regards, Kiran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dddkiran
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending attachement in mail

Hi , I am using the below code to send mail through a script which run as a cron job. msgdate=`date +"%a, %e %Y %T %z"` daemail=$(cat <<! From: $from To: $emailtarget Subject: $subject Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; Content-Disposition: inline $priority $CONTENT !)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)