Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Samba idmap ldap: works perfect on Linux,bad on Solaris and hpux Post 302877795 by Linusolaradm1 on Tuesday 3rd of December 2013 11:21:39 AM
Old 12-03-2013
Samba idmap ldap: works perfect on Linux,bad on Solaris and hpux

I have configured samba for working
with and external ldap(ad windows2003+openldap backend to obtain the same uid and gid on all linux machines)
On linux works perfect,and i get the same uid for a X user
on all machines.
On solaris11 and hpux 11.31 not
wbinfo -u works fine
wbinfo -g works fine
wbinfo -i user give WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

This is my samba configuration
Code:
    idmap config * : backend      = ldap
    idmap config * : range        = 10000-20000
    idmap config * : ldap_url     = ldap://server.domain 
    idmap config * : ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=ldap1,dc=domain,dc=test
    idmap config * : ldap_user_dn = cn=Manager,dc=ldap1,dc=domain,dc=test

of course idmap password of Manager is stored.
I try also the old config style(deprecated on samba 3.6)
but doesn't work.
Is possible to fix this problem?
Thanks

Last edited by Franklin52; 12-04-2013 at 03:06 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending line with sed works on Linux but not on Solaris

Hi folks, Our application installation uses "sed" command to append string after specific line or after line number. Both cases work perfect on Linux but fail on Solaris. The OS versions are Solaris 9 and Linux Red Hat AS 3. i.g: Linux: ----- file foo.txt aaa bbb ccc ddd root#... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script works on Solaris, not on Linux

I'm in the same boat as Barbus - same exercis (https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/43609-processes-users.html) The following script works on a solaris server I have access to. It doesn't however, work on the companies Linux machine. Any idea what's up? I have very little shell... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silverhood
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script works on Solaris, not on Linux

I'm in the same boat as Barbus - same exercis (https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/43609-processes-users.html) The following script works on a solaris server I have access to. It doesn't however, work on the companies Linux machine. Any idea what's up? I have very little shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Silverhood
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -F works on Linux, but not on Solaris

Hello, I found this command works on Linux: $ echo `uptime` | awk -F "load average: " '{ print $2 }' 1.60, 1.53, 1.46 but got error on Solaris: $ echo `uptime` | awk -F "load average: " '{ print $2 }' awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 $ which awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seafan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script works with Linux not with Solaris

Hi I have the following script which works in Linux shell but gives issues with Sun OS Solaris 5.10, What i am trying to achieve here is we have a list of file names in list.txt file and we parse each file at a time for a particular pattern and copt next 4 lines after we hit the pattern to a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yugendra
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep works on Linux but fails on Solaris

Hi, On linux i have the below command working fine. grep -o '<name>.*</name>' deploy.tmp | sed 's/\(<name>\|<\/name>\)//g' deploy.tmp But the same is failing on Solaris uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-23 sun4v sparc sun4v Can you tell me how can i get it work on Solaris ?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk works on Linux but fails on Solaris

On linux i have the below command working fine. awk '/<app-deploy>/{A=1;++i} /<\/app-deploy>/{print >> "found"i".tmp";A=0} A{;print >> "found"i".tmp"}' deploy.xml But the same is failing on Solaris Output: awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed works on Linux but fails on Solaris

Hi, On Linux i get the desired ouput: echo "<value>WEB_USER</value>" | sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'Output: Executing the same command on Solaris: echo "<value>WEB_USER</value>" | sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'Output: I need to get the desired output on Solaris i.e. WEB_USER and... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command works on Linux but fails on Solaris.

Hi, I am looking for a generic find command that works on both Linux and Solaris. I have the below command that works fine on Linux but fails on solaris.find /web/config -type f '(' -name '*.txt' -or -name '*.xml' -name '*.pro' ')' Fails on SunOS mysolaris 5.10 Generic_150400-61 sun4v sparc... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solution which is works perfect if all headers match from file b

HI Guys, I have file A.txt Code: ID,L1,L2,L3,L4 1A,2a,33a,44b,55c 2A,10a,14a,15b,16c File B.txt Code: ID L1 L4 L5 Output:- Code: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huuanh2811
3 Replies
IDMAP_LDAP(8)						    System Administration tools 					     IDMAP_LDAP(8)

NAME
idmap_ldap - Samba's idmap_ldap Backend for Winbind DESCRIPTION
The idmap_ldap plugin provides a means for Winbind to store and retrieve SID/uid/gid mapping tables in an LDAP directory service. In contrast to read only backends like idmap_rid, it is an allocating backend: This means that it needs to allocate new user and group IDs in order to create new mappings. IDMAP OPTIONS
ldap_base_dn = DN Defines the directory base suffix to use for SID/uid/gid mapping entries. If not defined, idmap_ldap will default to using the "ldap idmap suffix" option from smb.conf. ldap_user_dn = DN Defines the user DN to be used for authentication. The secret for authenticating this user should be stored with net idmap secret (see net(8)). If absent, the ldap credentials from the ldap passdb configuration are used, and if these are also absent, an anonymous bind will be performed as last fallback. ldap_url = ldap://server/ Specifies the LDAP server to use for SID/uid/gid map entries. If not defined, idmap_ldap will assume that ldap://localhost/ should be used. range = low - high Defines the available matching uid and gid range for which the backend is authoritative. EXAMPLES
The following example shows how an ldap directory is used as the default idmap backend. It also configures the idmap range and base directory suffix. The secret for the ldap_user_dn has to be set with "net idmap secret '*' password". [global] idmap config * : backend = ldap idmap config * : range = 1000000-1999999 idmap config * : ldap_url = ldap://localhost/ idmap config * : ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=example,dc=com idmap config * : ldap_user_dn = cn=idmap_admin,dc=example,dc=com This example shows how ldap can be used as a readonly backend while tdb is the default backend used to store the mappings. It adds an explicit configuration for some domain DOM1, that uses the ldap idmap backend. Note that a range disjoint from the default range is used. [global] # "backend = tdb" is redundant here since it is the default idmap config * : backend = tdb idmap config * : range = 1000000-1999999 idmap config DOM1 : backend = ldap idmap config DOM1 : range = 2000000-2999999 idmap config DOM1 : read only = yes idmap config DOM1 : ldap_url = ldap://server/ idmap config DOM1 : ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=dom1,dc=example,dc=com idmap config DOM1 : ldap_user_dn = cn=idmap_admin,dc=dom1,dc=example,dc=com NOTE
In order to use authentication against ldap servers you may need to provide a DN and a password. To avoid exposing the password in plain text in the configuration file we store it into a security store. The "net idmap " command is used to store a secret for the DN specified in a specific idmap domain. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 IDMAP_LDAP(8)