Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Anyone Using Slackware Anymore? Post 302877435 by drl on Sunday 1st of December 2013 08:07:19 AM
Old 12-01-2013
Hi.

No one here uses Slackware as a main OS, but it is among the options we have around for compare and contrast uses ... cheers, drl

Code:
# Uptimes for available machines 2013.12.01:
up   3 min      3 users: Antergos 3.11.4-1 (Arch) 
up  22 days     6 users: aptosid 2013.1 (Hesperides, Debian jessie/sid) 
up  25 days     5 users: CentOS 6.4 (Final) 
up   5 min      2 users: CRUX 3.0 
up  24 days     6 users: Debian (jessie) 
up  32 days     6 users: Debian 7.2 (wheezy, vm-server-ng) 
up  79 days     1 users: Debian 5.0 (lenny, vm-server) 
up  79 days     2 users: Debian 6.0 (squeeze, backups) 
up  95 days    42 users: Debian 5.0.8 (lenny, workstation) 
up  20 days    12 users: Fedora 19 KDE (Schrödinger's Cat) 
up  19 days     6 users: FreeBSD, 9.2-RELEASE-p9, amd64 
up  14 days     3 users: Mint 11 (Katya, LMDE, squeeze/sid) 
up   7 days     2 users: NetBSD 6.1.1/amd64 
up  15 days     3 users: OpenBSD, 5.3, amd64 
up  67 days     3 users: OpenIndiana Development oi_148 X86 
up  19 days     6 users: openSUSE 12.3 (Dartmouth) 
up 411 days     4 users: OSX 10.3.9 
up  12 days     6 users: Slackware 14.0

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

After installing linux cannot boot PC anymore?

After installing linux (slackware) my (experimental) computer can't boot anymore. When I start the pc it says: "There was an error during linux startup" (or something like that, it was written in my language and I'm a bad translator) And after that my computer doesn't do a thing anymore. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RellioN
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login as SU anymore - SU: NO SHELL

the root shell has been changed in the file /etc/passwd, basically pointing to an incorrect directory. So now every time we login as 'su' I get the message 'su: no shell' so we can't login as superuser. Is there an easy way to rectify this? please use step by step instructions/commands - I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homechoice
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connection doesn't work anymore

Hello, first of all, I want to make myself clear about my language. I'm brazilian, so I ask you all to understand if i commit any mistake with the grammar. Here is the problem. Some days ago I needed to use a "sh" command in the Terminal (I use a Mac OSX 10.5.6) followed by a file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anubisbr
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't SSH as root anymore!

I've screwed something up in my sshd_config apparently, because I can't ssh with root anymore. I had disabled root login for security reasons, but then my ssh credentials with full administrative privelges stopped working. So then I reenabled root login (and reset ssh), but root now isn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cquarry
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Input of char 's' is not possible anymore

Hello, I have a big problem and no idea how to solve it. I was looking up commands in /bin with 'man' as I found 'sh'. In mistake I started the command. Now after that I can not input the character 's' in shell anymore! Even after restarting system the problem is still there. Mysterious... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
7 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Can't login to Vista anymore

hello obviously something got messed up and I can't login to my Vista account anymore. the password was automatically disabled hence it was directly booting into vista. then I installed openSSH and created a password for the user. But vista login doesn't recognize this password and now I can't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Telnet access is not available anymore

Hi Folks, My telnet access to the server is not available anymore. I have found that when I execute >telnet IP, the login prompt for username/password entry is not displayed. Cursor blinks in a empty line and I dont see the prompt to enter my username. It hungs in this state and not possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ekorgur
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

They won't need so many sys admins anymore

Nice eye catching title huh ;) I got laid off along with 55000 others from HP worldwide have been expecting this for some time and now it's finally my turn. Most of the folks I know get laid off at around this age of 40+ so do take note. Ideas that ran thru my head this last few weeks:... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
16 Replies
lchage(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 lchage(8)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user user is required to change the password). -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 to disable this checking. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to 99999 to disable this checking. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser Jan 12 2005 lchage(8)