Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help going from power pc to newer computer! Post 302871163 by Corona688 on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 02:49:34 PM
Old 11-05-2013
That could be deemed critical if it going down means a nurse doesn't see the monitors.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar --newer = tar --newer-mtime ?

Hi, I have the following question : As far as I know unix doesn't store file creation dates. Would that imply the following? tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer is equal to: tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer-mtime ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than...

Is there a way to use the find command to locate files newer than a specific date? Thanks! --Alex (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find ! -newer

Hi, I would like to find if a file called test.log is older than 10 min. So i wrote : #!/usr/bin/ksh FICLOG="/home/uuu/result_test.log" FIC="/home/uuu/test.log" touch -t `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); printf("%s\n",strftime("%m%d%H%M",localtime(time-3600*0.17)));'`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbfree
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with -newer command

Ok, here's the situation: There's a script that runs every day on a UNIX box that collects files. The script has now been changed so that at the start of a new day, the script would create a new folder and then copy files to it for that day. This has put me in a dilema as I have a script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file1 newer then file2

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and i need to create a script with the following directions and I can not figure it out. Create a shell script called newest.bash that takes two filenames as input arguments ($1 and $2) and prints out the name of the newest file (i.e. the file with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mandylynn78
1 Replies

8. Linux Benchmarks

Newer PC build.

Just decided to run the benchmark for the heck of it. -Version- Dist: Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 CPU/Speed: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz RAM: DDR4 DRAM 64 GB 3000 MHz CMK64GX4M4B3000C15 MB: Maximus VIII Ranger Bus: 8 sata, 1 M.2 Socket 3 Cache: L2=4 x 256KB, L3=8 MB shared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bajanine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file only if newer

I only want the file copied if it is newer. But it still copies the file? zip -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip ./* cp -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip $DOCS_Backup/Ubuntu_Documents_`date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M"`.zip (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
CRITICAL_ENTER(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					 CRITICAL_ENTER(9)

NAME
critical_enter, critical_exit -- enter and exit a critical region SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/systm.h> void critical_enter(void); void critical_exit(void); DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to prevent preemption in a critical region of code. All that is guaranteed is that the thread currently executing on a CPU will not be preempted. Specifically, a thread in a critical region will not migrate to another CPU while it is in a critical region. The current CPU may still trigger faults and exceptions during a critical section; however, these faults are usually fatal. The critical_enter() and critical_exit() functions manage a per-thread counter to handle nested critical sections. If a thread is made runnable that would normally preempt the current thread while the current thread is in a critical section, then the preemption will be deferred until the current thread exits the outermost critical section. Note that these functions are not required to provide any inter-CPU synchronization, data protection, or memory ordering guarantees and thus should not be used to protect shared data structures. These functions should be used with care as an infinite loop within a critical region will deadlock the CPU. Also, they should not be inter- locked with operations on mutexes, sx locks, semaphores, or other synchronization primitives. One exception to this is that spin mutexes include a critical section, so in certain cases critical sections may be interlocked with spin mutexes. HISTORY
These functions were introduced in FreeBSD 5.0. BSD
October 5, 2005 BSD