Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help going from power pc to newer computer! Post 302871085 by alister on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 12:54:12 PM
Old 11-05-2013
If a patient dies because of a system monitoring failure, this thread will probably be entered into evidence during the subsequent legal action.

Regards,
Alister

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar --newer = tar --newer-mtime ?

Hi, I have the following question : As far as I know unix doesn't store file creation dates. Would that imply the following? tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer is equal to: tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer-mtime ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than...

Is there a way to use the find command to locate files newer than a specific date? Thanks! --Alex (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find ! -newer

Hi, I would like to find if a file called test.log is older than 10 min. So i wrote : #!/usr/bin/ksh FICLOG="/home/uuu/result_test.log" FIC="/home/uuu/test.log" touch -t `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); printf("%s\n",strftime("%m%d%H%M",localtime(time-3600*0.17)));'`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbfree
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with -newer command

Ok, here's the situation: There's a script that runs every day on a UNIX box that collects files. The script has now been changed so that at the start of a new day, the script would create a new folder and then copy files to it for that day. This has put me in a dilema as I have a script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file1 newer then file2

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and i need to create a script with the following directions and I can not figure it out. Create a shell script called newest.bash that takes two filenames as input arguments ($1 and $2) and prints out the name of the newest file (i.e. the file with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mandylynn78
1 Replies

8. Linux Benchmarks

Newer PC build.

Just decided to run the benchmark for the heck of it. -Version- Dist: Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 CPU/Speed: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz RAM: DDR4 DRAM 64 GB 3000 MHz CMK64GX4M4B3000C15 MB: Maximus VIII Ranger Bus: 8 sata, 1 M.2 Socket 3 Cache: L2=4 x 256KB, L3=8 MB shared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bajanine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file only if newer

I only want the file copied if it is newer. But it still copies the file? zip -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip ./* cp -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip $DOCS_Backup/Ubuntu_Documents_`date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M"`.zip (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
ssignal(3C)															       ssignal(3C)

NAME
ssignal(), gsignal() - software signals SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
and implement a software facility similar to signal(5). This facility is used by the Standard C Library to enable users to indicate the disposition of error conditions, and is also made available to users for their own purposes. Software signals made available to users are associated with integers in the inclusive range 1 through 15. A call to associates a proce- dure, action, with the software signal sig; the software signal, sig, is raised by a call to Raising a software signal causes the action established for that signal to be taken. The first argument to is a number identifying the type of signal for which an action is to be established. The second argument defines the action; it is either the name of a (user-defined) action function or one of the manifest constants (default) or (ignore). returns the action previously established for that signal type; if no action has been established or the signal number is illegal, returns raises the signal identified by its argument, sig: o If an action function has been established for sig, that action is reset to and the action function is entered with argument sig. returns the value returned to it by the action function. o If the action for sig is returns the value 1 and takes no other action. o If the action for sig is returns the value 0 and takes no other action. o If sig has an illegal value or no action was ever specified for sig, returns the value 0 and takes no other action. SEE ALSO
signal(5), thread_safety(5). NOTES
Some additional signals with numbers outside the range 1 through 15 are used by the Standard C Library to indicate error conditions. Those signal numbers outside the range 1 through 15 are legal, although their use may interfere with the operation of the Standard C Library. STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
ssignal(3C)