Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Nagios and DB Oracle (check_Oracle_instant) Post 302870889 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 06:44:52 AM
Old 11-05-2013
You used an editor on a Windows PC, then saved the file to UNIX. See the ^M

That is an unwanted artifact from windows carriage control.

You need to go back to your editor and save the edits you made using UNIX carriage control. If that is not possible then, for any file UNIX you messed with on your PC: change it back to UNIX carriage control with the dos2unix command.
Assuming you have the usual GNU version dos2unix
Code:
dos2unix [filename]

Be sure to check your man page for exact syntax. First.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Configure Nagios for Oracle

Hi, I have recently configured nagios for monitoring some of my production servers and it works fine but now I need to monitor my Oracle RAC servers. I have downloaded the following plugin (check_oracle-cluster) and have installed it on one of my RAC servers. Nagios Exchange - Check... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
7 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios check dependent on second nagios server

We have a dual Nagios server setup. One is setup for internal server monitoring on our LAN, while the second Nagios server is hosted externally and is used for external checks only such as URL and ping checks form the WAN side. I was wondering if there is any way to setup cross dependencies... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugenes18t
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
NAGIRCBOT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      NAGIRCBOT(1)

NAME
nagircbot - announce Nagios status to an IRC channel SYNOPSIS
nagircbot [-CdeHmRStxX] [-A REGEX] [-c CHANNEL] [-f FILE] [-F HOST[:PORT]] [-i INTERVAL] [-I INTERVAL] [-k KEYWORD] [-n NICK] [-N PREFIX] [-p PASSWORD] [-P FILE] [-s HOST[:PORT]] [-T LIST] [-u USERNAME] [-U NAME] [-z USER] DESCRIPTION
nagircbot is an IRC bot that reads Nagios' status information and emits alerts to an IRC channel. It can filter alerts based on severity (CRITICAL, HARD, SOFT, and/or UNKNOWN) or by regular expression. It can connect to IRC servers protected by password or SSL, and can optionally set the topic to the current Nagios status. OPTIONS
-A REGEX Filter (omit) lines that match a basic regular expression. -c CHANNEL Channel to connect to, including the leading "#" (default: "#nagircbot"). -C Use colors in IRC messages. -d Do not fork into the background. -e Use encryption (SSL) when connecting to the IRC server. -f FILE Path to Nagios' status.log, indicated by the 'status_file' parameter in nagios.cfg (default: "/usr/local/nagios/var/status.log"). -F HOST[:PORT] Retrieve status.log over the network. If no port is specified, the default is 33333. -H Only announce alerts in 'HARD' state. This is the default. -i INTERVAL Nagios alert check interval, in seconds (default: 60). -I INTERVAL How often to announce Nagios global status in the channel, in seconds. Specify an interval of 0 (the default) to disable. Do not specify an interval smaller than the alert check (-i) interval. -k KEYWORD Keyword for the channel (default: no keyword). -m Display status information for an alert in separate IRC messages instead of combining on a single message. -n NICK IRC nick to use (default: "nagircbot"). -N PREFIX Prefix for all in-channel IRC messages. -p PASSWORD IRC server password. -P FILE Write PID file. -R Only announce CRITICAL/UNKNOWN alerts. -s HOST[:PORT] IRC server to connect to. If not specified, the default is "localhost:6667". If no port is specified, the default is 33333. -S Also announce alerts in 'SOFT' state. -t Set the channel topic to an alert summary. -T LIST Enable checks to see if Nagios is still running. Send 'check' in a private message to invoke the check. Accepts a comma-seperated list (without spaces) with the following elements: max_time_last_host_update, max_time_oldest_host_update, max_time_last_host_check, max_time_oldest_host_check, max_time_last_service_check, max_time_oldest_service_check, and max_time_oldest_next_service_check. -u USERNAME Username to log into the IRC server as. -U NAME IRC "real" or full name (default: "nagircbot"). -x status.log is in Nagios 1.0 format. -X status.log is in Nagios 2.0/3.0 format. This is the default. -z USER User to run as. AUTHOR
nagircbot was written by Folkert van Heusden <folkert@vanheusden.com>. This manual page was written by John Morrissey <jwm@horde.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). December 13, 2010 NAGIRCBOT(1)