Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Awk/script to list the owners of files Post 302869261 by sea on Wednesday 30th of October 2013 01:33:46 AM
Old 10-30-2013
Have a try with:
Code:
ls -l|awk '{print $3" "$9}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Need help from E280R owners

Hello, I have recently aquired an E280R chassis, that is one of the first E280R chassis so it still features old fan block from 420R (540-4434). Unfortunately I have 900Mhz X7009A CPUs to go into this machine and those need a better fan block (540-5088) because they do overheat :(. Could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Don.Key
2 Replies

2. AIX

Identifying Semaphore Owners

Hi, I have an AIX server which has a number of root owned semaphores. Is there a way of identifying which processes/threads own these processes so that they can be removed. I there also a way to remove shared memory segments in a similar way Thanks. \ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: backslash
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script to find socials in files and output a list of those files

I am trying to find socail security numbers in files in (and under) a specific directory and output a list of the files where they are found... the format would be with no dashes just 9 numeric characters in a row. I have tried this: find /DirToLookIn -exec grep '\{9\}' /dev/null {} \; >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: list files with 1rst col=N and char position 123=N

I need to list all files where 1rst column=ABK and char position 123 to 125=ZBK: For the first part I can I can do a awk '{$1="ABK";print}' file and for the second a cut -c123-125 file | grep ZBK but this would only work partially.. How can I do this with only one awk command ? Thanks in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A perl script to list files

Hi guys, I'm learning grep and map functions in perl and ran into a problem. I have a little script below: #!/usr/bin/perl -w die "Usage: $0 dir\n" if @ARGV != 1; opendir (D, $ARGV) or die $!; @text_files = grep { !-d } readdir D; rewinddir D; @sizes = sort {$b <=> $a} map { -s... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: new bie
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk script to parse list of bandwidth rules

Hello all gurus, I have a long list of rules as below: 20 name:abc addr:203.45.247.247/255.255.255.255 WDW-THRESH:12 BW-OUT:10000000bps BW-IN:15000000bps STATSDEVICE:test247 STATS:Enabled (4447794/0) <IN OUT> 25 name:xyz160 addr:203.45.233.160/255.255.255.224 STATSDEVICE:test160... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script on a list of hosts

SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-skysmart-01.net;monthly_process_check;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s) of (monthly-processor6) running on host (less than 1) SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-02.skysmart.net;JAVA_PROCESS_CHECK;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find only files/directories with different permissions/owners

My git post-update has the following lines in it to make sure the permissions are set right: find /usr/local/apache/htdocs -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755 find /usr/local/apache/htdocs -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 644 chown -R apache:apache /usr/local/apache/htdocsThe only problem is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Files script

Hello everyone - I have the task to create a file list script that will list files in directory based on the parameters passed to the program. It has to be a C Shell - I mentioned that before but I got closed :) - the company only allows this shell for security purposes I guess. Anyway, here is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianvas12
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Script execution is very slow when trying to find all files and their owners on HP-UX box

Hi, I have a HP-UX server were I need to list all the files in the entire file system, their directory path, last modified date, owner and group. I do not need to search the file contents. I created the script given below and I am excluding directories and files of type tmp, temp and log. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adyan Faruqi
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)