Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Device Names on Android
Operating Systems Linux Android Device Names on Android Post 302867069 by Corona688 on Wednesday 23rd of October 2013 11:08:58 AM
Old 10-23-2013
The "Download PL2303 Android USB Host API SDK (v1.0.0.6)" bit looks useful...

It is in Java and does not need root access. I wonder if this means they are using the raw device. You might not get actual serial port access here either.

Having to write a device driver in Java is ridiculous... This is what comes with closed platforms...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Files names and location

HI there. I am studying System administration right now and am stuck on a question that I have failed to find the answer for in my book. The question is: Do device files need to be in the /dev directory and to they need to follow a naming convention? My answer (so far) is that since the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carl1976
7 Replies

2. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. Android

Running only the Linux kernel of an Android device

I am looking for a way to run on top of the Linux kernel of an Android device. I want to use the existing configured Linux beneath Android rather than put a new Linux distribution onto a device. The article "The Android boot process from power on" (sorry, forum won't let me paste the link)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raoulney
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Android Device ID Changer shell script

this is worked "ANDROID NOUGAT" how can i use it for "ANDROID OREO" -plz help me... ------------------------------------------- echo " Ã-~-DEVICE ID CHANGINGÃ-~-" sleep 2 echo " " COUNT=1 while do ; echo "settings put secure android_id " | tr -d '\n' > X1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f4is4l
4 Replies
UMS(4)                                                     BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                     UMS(4)

NAME
ums -- USB mouse driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device ums device uhci device ohci device usb Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ums_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ums driver provides support for mice that attach to the USB port. Supported are mice with any number of buttons and mice with a wheel. The /dev/ums0 device presents the mouse as a sysmouse or mousesystems type device. See moused(8) for an explanation of these mouse types. FILES
/dev/ums0 blocking device node EXAMPLES
Use the first USB mouse on the system as your console mouse: moused -p /dev/ums0 -t auto To be able to use the USB mouse under X, change the "Pointer" section in xorg.conf to the following: Device /dev/ums0 Protocol Auto If you want to be able to use the mouse in both virtual consoles as well as in X change it to: Device /dev/sysmouse Protocol Auto SEE ALSO
ohci(4), sysmouse(4), uhci(4), usb(4), xorg.conf(5) (ports/x11/xorg), moused(8) AUTHORS
The ums driver was written by Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se> for NetBSD and was adopted for FreeBSD by MAEKAWA Masahide <bishop@rr.iij4u.or.jp>. This manual page was written by Nick Hibma <n_hibma@FreeBSD.org> with input from Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>. BSD November 27, 2006 BSD