Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Device Names on Android
Operating Systems Linux Android Device Names on Android Post 302867045 by fedora18 on Wednesday 23rd of October 2013 09:32:09 AM
Old 10-23-2013
ok then....
well another day here we go...ill see what I can uncover.
you are definitely right...such a PITA though.

trying some different paths here this morning and I notice that in /dev with a USB dongle plugged in I get a 4:0:0:0 number in there. it increments by 1 every time I plug it bag in.....anyone know what that number represents are how I can use it?

---------- Post updated at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:26 AM ----------

I also have come accross this website:

Products

which they say they provide a driver for Android and this is the cable chip I am using....I just am not quite sure how to pull the driver out and install it on the tablet.....duh

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Files names and location

HI there. I am studying System administration right now and am stuck on a question that I have failed to find the answer for in my book. The question is: Do device files need to be in the /dev directory and to they need to follow a naming convention? My answer (so far) is that since the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carl1976
7 Replies

2. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. Android

Running only the Linux kernel of an Android device

I am looking for a way to run on top of the Linux kernel of an Android device. I want to use the existing configured Linux beneath Android rather than put a new Linux distribution onto a device. The article "The Android boot process from power on" (sorry, forum won't let me paste the link)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raoulney
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Android Device ID Changer shell script

this is worked "ANDROID NOUGAT" how can i use it for "ANDROID OREO" -plz help me... ------------------------------------------- echo " Ã-~-DEVICE ID CHANGINGÃ-~-" sleep 2 echo " " COUNT=1 while do ; echo "settings put secure android_id " | tr -d '\n' > X1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f4is4l
4 Replies
USLSA(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  USLSA(4)

NAME
uslsa -- USB support for Silicon Labs CP210x series serial adapters SYNOPSIS
uslsa* at uhub? ucom* at uslsa? HARDWARE
The uslsa driver is known to work with the following adapters: Siemens MC60 Data Cable Suunto USB Serial Adaptor Helicomm IP-Link 1220-DVM Nokia CA-42 USB DESCRIPTION
The uslsa driver provides support for the Silicon Labs USB-to-RS-232 Bridge chip. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) http://www.silabs.com. Silicon Laboratories AN571: CP210x Virtual COM Port Interface.. HISTORY
The uslsa driver appeared in NetBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The uslsa driver was written by Jonathan A. Kollasch. Code and style was borrowed from existing NetBSD USB-serial drivers. CAVEATS
Settings other than 8 data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit seem to be refused by the CP2101. BSD
January 17, 2012 BSD