Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Device Names on Android
Operating Systems Linux Android Device Names on Android Post 302866827 by fedora18 on Tuesday 22nd of October 2013 06:18:47 PM
Old 10-22-2013
haha sorry, that was in another forum.

but so far no success. it definitely is a driver issue and so that is why no /dev/ttyUSB* populates in /dev upon plug in.

I have seen that some companies to provide drivers for these adapters so kind of exploring options there.

Also, a lot of people mention that you must OTG usb port....dont know why this would matter as my tablet has a usb2.0 port already.

updates as they come...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Files names and location

HI there. I am studying System administration right now and am stuck on a question that I have failed to find the answer for in my book. The question is: Do device files need to be in the /dev directory and to they need to follow a naming convention? My answer (so far) is that since the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carl1976
7 Replies

2. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. Android

Running only the Linux kernel of an Android device

I am looking for a way to run on top of the Linux kernel of an Android device. I want to use the existing configured Linux beneath Android rather than put a new Linux distribution onto a device. The article "The Android boot process from power on" (sorry, forum won't let me paste the link)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raoulney
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Android Device ID Changer shell script

this is worked "ANDROID NOUGAT" how can i use it for "ANDROID OREO" -plz help me... ------------------------------------------- echo " Ã-~-DEVICE ID CHANGINGÃ-~-" sleep 2 echo " " COUNT=1 while do ; echo "settings put secure android_id " | tr -d '\n' > X1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f4is4l
4 Replies
STRUCT 
USB_GADGET(9) Kernel Mode Gadget API STRUCT USB_GADGET(9) NAME
struct_usb_gadget - represents a usb slave device SYNOPSIS
struct usb_gadget { const struct usb_gadget_ops * ops; struct usb_ep * ep0; struct list_head ep_list; enum usb_device_speed speed; enum usb_device_speed max_speed; enum usb_device_state state; unsigned sg_supported:1; unsigned is_otg:1; unsigned is_a_peripheral:1; unsigned b_hnp_enable:1; unsigned a_hnp_support:1; unsigned a_alt_hnp_support:1; const char * name; struct device dev; unsigned out_epnum; unsigned in_epnum; }; MEMBERS
ops Function pointers used to access hardware-specific operations. ep0 Endpoint zero, used when reading or writing responses to driver setup requests ep_list List of other endpoints supported by the device. speed Speed of current connection to USB host. max_speed Maximal speed the UDC can handle. UDC must support this and all slower speeds. state the state we are now (attached, suspended, configured, etc) sg_supported true if we can handle scatter-gather is_otg True if the USB device port uses a Mini-AB jack, so that the gadget driver must provide a USB OTG descriptor. is_a_peripheral False unless is_otg, the "A" end of a USB cable is in the Mini-AB jack, and HNP has been used to switch roles so that the "A" device currently acts as A-Peripheral, not A-Host. b_hnp_enable OTG device feature flag, indicating that the A-Host enabled HNP support. a_hnp_support OTG device feature flag, indicating that the A-Host supports HNP at this port. a_alt_hnp_support OTG device feature flag, indicating that the A-Host only supports HNP on a different root port. name Identifies the controller hardware type. Used in diagnostics and sometimes configuration. dev Driver model state for this abstract device. out_epnum last used out ep number in_epnum last used in ep number DESCRIPTION
Gadgets have a mostly-portable "gadget driver" implementing device functions, handling all usb configurations and interfaces. Gadget drivers talk to hardware-specific code indirectly, through ops vectors. That insulates the gadget driver from hardware details, and packages the hardware endpoints through generic i/o queues. The "usb_gadget" and "usb_ep" interfaces provide that insulation from the hardware. Except for the driver data, all fields in this structure are read-only to the gadget driver. That driver data is part of the "driver model" infrastructure in 2.6 (and later) kernels, and for earlier systems is grouped in a similar structure that's not known to the rest of the kernel. Values of the three OTG device feature flags are updated before the setup call corresponding to USB_REQ_SET_CONFIGURATION, and before driver suspend calls. They are valid only when is_otg, and when the device is acting as a B-Peripheral (so is_a_peripheral is false). AUTHOR
David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net> Author. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 STRUCT USB_GADGET(9)