Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums Unable to see my threads when i login Post 302864453 by Scott on Wednesday 16th of October 2013 02:18:44 PM
Old 10-16-2013
Another way is to click the User CP or Quick Links item in the menubar at the top of the page, and select "Subscribed Threads".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to login HELP!!!

Hi, I have installed for the first time sun solaris on my pc and I am trying to learn unix. I created a new user using the following steps: -create a new group : groupadd work -created a new user: useradd -g work -d /export/home -s /usr/bin/ksh gbruno (i checked the path of the shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulianob
3 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to login

Hi Admin/Moderator, I am unable to login with my user id "chanakyahere", even it is not accepting my mail id to which i got one reply aso.. it is saying that i suppied "mail id that is not recognised".. please look forward regarding this problem.. i joined on last saturday i.e on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chanakya
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Unable to Login

Was OK on AIX5.2. Have installed AIX 5.3 ML02 and now only root can log in. Other users get "You are not allowed to login at this time." Once in as root, it's possible to su or 'su -' to other users. All user parameters are OK. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skinthegoat
0 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to post new threads

:confused:Hello, Could you please let me know why I'm unable to post new threads. What needs to be done from my side to get this activated. Awaiting reply. Thanks, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmn23
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Need help. Unable to create threads after a certain number

Hi, I have a process which creates pthreads to generate some reports. After creating the reports these threads return null. But after 1024 threads, the process is not able to create any threads further.,and at max 5 threads are existing simultaneously and are returning the control back after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krsh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to login

Hi, I am doing Active Directory(Win 2008) and UNIX(Solaris 10) integration. I was unable to create home directory for the Active Directory users on the first login. So i added other session required pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0022 to pam.conf in /etc/pam.conf. But now I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
2 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to login

Hi, It has been a while since I logged into Unix.com and I have forgotten my userID and password. Please help. Thanks, Ananth. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to login after patching

Hello, Sorry for posting here..i know there is another section for Urgent...However, i could not locate it... Issue: ) After patching rhel 5.8 with couple of patches. When user is trying to login via putty . They get login promt and when they type their username, screen get freezed kindaa... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
3 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to read threads when logged in

I'm getting the following error (or something similar) whenever I try to view a thread when I'm logged in. That is, I login, hit "New Posts", get a list of theads, click on one (in this example is was the "Not allowed to post URLs" thread), then get the following HTML error page instead of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cnamejj
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to login with any user

Hi Please I need help on trying to login on a solaris 10, blade server. login as: root Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Password: I even try a normal user, I do not get the prompt. I suspect the reason could be that /varis at 98% because I have configure email alerts to warn me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
9 Replies
iwidgets::mainwindow(1) 					  [incr Widgets]					   iwidgets::mainwindow(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
iwidgets::mainwindow - Create and manipulate a mainwindow widget SYNOPSIS
iwidgets::mainwindow pathName ?options? INHERITANCE
itk::Toplevel <- iwidgets::Shell <- iwidgets::Mainwindow STANDARD OPTIONS
background cursor disabledForeground font foreground highlightBackground highlightColor highlightThickness See the "options" manual entry for details on the standard options. ASSOCIATED OPTIONS
balloonBackground balloonDelay1 balloonDelay2ballonFont balloonForeground See the "toolbar" manual entry for details on the above associated options. INHERITED OPTIONS
title See the "Toplevel" manual entry for details on the above inherited options. height master modality padX padY width See the "shell" manual entry for details on the above inherited options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS Name: helpLine Class: HelpLine Command-Line Switch: -helpline Specifies whether or not to display the help line. The value may be given in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetBoolean. The default is yes. Name: menuBarBackground Class: Background Command-Line Switch: -menubarbackground Specifies the normal background color for the menubar. Name: menuBarFont Class: Font Command-Line Switch: -menubarfont Specifies the font to use when drawing text inside the menubar. Name: menuBarForeround Class: Foreground Command-Line Switch: -menubarforeground Specifies the normal foreground color for the menubar. Name: statusLine Class: StatusLine Command-Line Switch: -statusline Specifies whether or not to display the status line. The value may be given in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetBoolean. The default is yes. Name: toolBarBackground Class: Background Command-Line Switch: -toolbarbackground Specifies the normal background color for the toolbar. Name: toolBarFont Class: Font Command-Line Switch: -toolbarfont Specifies the font to use when drawing text inside the toolbar. Name: toolBarForeround Class: Foreground Command-Line Switch: -toolbarforeground Specifies the normal foreground color for the toolbar. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The iwidgets::mainwindow command creates a mainwindow shell which contains a menubar, toolbar, mousebar, childsite, status line, and help line. Each item may be filled and configured to suit individual needs. METHODS
The iwidgets::mainwindow command create a new Tcl command whose name is pathName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form: pathName option ?arg arg ...? Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the com- mand. The following commands are possible for mainwindow widgets: INHERITED METHODS
activate center deactivate See the "shell" manual entry for details on the above inherited methods. WIDGET-SPECIFIC METHODS pathName cget option Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwid- gets::mainwindow command. pathName childsite Returns the pathname of the child site widget. pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...? Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwidgets::mainwindow command. pathName menubar ?args? The menubar method provides access to the menubar. Invoked with no arguments it returns the pathname of the menubar. With argu- ments, they are evaluated against the menubar which in effect provides access to the entire API of the menubar. See the "menubar" manual entry for details on the commands available in the menubar. pathName mousebar ?args? The mousebar method provides access to the mousebar which is a vertical toolbar. Invoked with no arguments it returns the pathname of the mousebar. With arguments, they are evaluated against the mousebar which in effect provides access to the entire API of the underlying toolbar. See the "toolbar" manual entry for details on the commands available in the mousebar. pathName msgd ?args? The msgd method provides access to the messagedialog contained in the mainwindow. Invoked with no arguments it returns the pathname of the messagedialog. With arguments, they are evaluated against the messagedialog which in effect provides access to the entire API of the messagedialog. See the "messagedialog" manual entry for details on the commands available in the messagedialog. pathName toolbar ?args? The toolbar method provides access to the toolbar. Invoked with no arguments it returns the pathname of the toolbar. With argu- ments, they are evaluated against the toolbar which in effect provides access to the entire API of the toolbar. See the "toolbar" manual entry for details on the commands available in the toolbar. COMPONENTS
Name: help Class: Label The help component provides a location for displaying any help strings provided in the menubar, toolbar, or mousebar. See the "label" widget manual entry for details on the help component item. Name: menubar Class: Menubar The menubar component is the menubar located at the top of the window. See the "menubar" widget manual entry for details on the menubar component item. Name: mousebar Class: Toolbar The mousebar component is the vertical toolbar located on the right side of the window. See the "toolbar" widget manual entry for details on the mousebar component item. Name: msgd Class: Messagedialog The msgd component is a messagedialog which may be reconfigured as needed and used repeatedly throughout the application. See the "messagedialog" widget manual entry for details on the messagedialog component item. Name: status Class: Label The status component provides a location for displaying application status information. See the "label" widget manual entry for details on the status component item. Name: toolbar Class: Toolbar The toolbar component is the horizontal toolbar located on the top of the window. See the "toolbar" widget manual entry for details on the toolbar component item. EXAMPLE
package require Iwidgets 4.0 iwidgets::mainwindow .mw # # Add a File menubutton # .mw menubar add menubutton file -text "File" -underline 0 -padx 8 -pady 2 -menu {options -tearoff no command new -label "New" -underline 0 -helpstr "Create a new file" command open -label "Open ..." -underline 0 -helpstr "Open an existing file" command save -label "Save" -underline 0 -helpstr "Save the current file" command saveas -label "Save As ..." -underline 5 -helpstr "Save the file as a differnet name" command print -label "Print" -underline 0 -helpstr "Print the file" separator sep1 command close -label "Close" -underline 0 -helpstr "Close the file" separator sep2 command exit -label "Exit" -underline 1 -helpstr "Exit this application" } # # Install a scrolledtext widget in the childsite. # iwidgets::scrolledtext [.mw childsite].st pack [.mw childsite].st -fill both -expand yes # # Activate the main window. # .mw activate AUTHOR
Mark L. Ulferts John A. Tucker KEYWORDS
mainwindow, shell, widget Tk iwidgets::mainwindow(1)