Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script matching similar records Post 302864279 by CarloM on Wednesday 16th of October 2013 08:30:41 AM
Old 10-16-2013
Exporting 10 million records to a flat file and processing that is unlikely to be faster than just doing it in SQL, at least if the relevant columns are indexed. Have you checked your query with explain plan or similar to see if you can optimise it at all?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

update records in a file using shell script...

Hi, I have a file with 6 columns. First 3 columns together make unique record. I have a variable ($v) which hold a value that is obtained by a caliculaion. I have to replace value in 5th columnn with the value of the variable ($v). The value $v is caliculated from col4 and col6 values. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell script to read particular records from a file

i am reading an i/p file input.txt as below and want to read all filenames as in highlighted in bold below and put them in a different file output.txt. can someone help me with a shell script to do this? thanks in advance regards brad input.txt --------- START TYPE:OPT INIT_SEQ:01... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradc
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script similar to the command HEAD

hello please if anyone can help me make a shell script similar to the command HEAD and TAIL THANKS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BELLA86
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script in formatting the records.

I have a text file in the following format. can any one please help me in printing the output in userfriendly format mentioned below. Input. 1) /ss/abc/1/w/s/domainname/abc1/logname/ ########error################### ########error################### ########error###################... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinny81
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to return records which are not matching

file1 abcd efgh ijkl mnop file2 mnop qrst uvwx xyza file3 1234 4567 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivrsk
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching and reporting near-similar lines in a file

Hi, I have a file with the lines as below: C_10_A05_T7 C_10_A06_SP6 C_10_B05_SP6 C_10_B05_T7 C_10_B01_SP6 C_10_B01_T7 C_12_G07_SP6 C_12_G11_SP6 C_12_G11_T7 C_2_H18_T7 C_2_I02_SP6 C_2_I02_T7 C_2_I13_SP6 C_2_I17_SP6 The four segments of each line are connected by '_' symbols. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to print date and no.of records

hi all, i want script to print the output in the following format filename yyyy/mm/dd count where count= no.of records in the file Thanks in advance hemanthsaikumar (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join all the lines matching similar pattern

I am trying to Join all the lines matching similar pattern. Example ; I wanted to join all the lines which has sam to a single line. In next line, i wanted to have all the lines with jones to a single line....etc > cat sample.txt sam 2012/11/23 sam 2012/12/5 sam 2012/12/5 jones... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evrurs
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete db records from shell script

Hello Mates, I would request your help in a shell script, simply I need to delete some matching db table records (rows) to ones in a given file: ------------------------------ #!/bin/bash SQL="delete from numberlist where msidn='';" MYSQL_USER="<your-user>"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to filter records in a zip file that contains matching columns from another file

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have two files. file1.zip, file2 Input: file1.zip col1, col2 , col3 a , b , 0:0:0:0:0:c436:9346:d40b x, y, 0:0:0:0:0:880:39f9:c9a7 m, n , 0:0:0:0:0:80c7:9161:fe00 file2.txt col1 c4:36:93:46:d4:0b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil.v
1 Replies
LOGINS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 LOGINS(1)

NAME
logins -- display account information SYNOPSIS
logins [-admopstux] [-g groups] [-l logins] DESCRIPTION
The logins utility displays information about user and system accounts. The following options are available: -a Display information about the password change and account expiration times for each account. -d Select accounts with duplicate UIDs. -g groups Select accounts that are members of the specified groups. If multiple group names are specified, they must be separated with com- mas. -l logins Select accounts matching the specified login names. If multiple names are specified, they must be separated with commas. -m Show information about secondary groups. -o Display the information for each account on a single line of colon-separated fields. -p Select accounts with no password. -s Select system accounts. These are currently defined as accounts with UIDs below 1000, plus the ``nobody'' account (UID 65534). -t Sort selected accounts by name rather than by UID. -u Select user accounts. These are currently defined as accounts with UIDs above 1000, except the ``nobody'' account (UID 65534). -x Display information about each account's home directory and shell. If multiple selection options are specified, all accounts matching any of the selection criteria will be displayed. If no selection options are specified, all accounts will be displayed. SEE ALSO
getgrent(3), getpwent(3), group(5), passwd(5), pw(8) HISTORY
The logins utility appeared in FreeBSD 4.10. AUTHORS
The logins utility was written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org> based on similar utilities in other operating systems. BSD
March 6, 2004 BSD