Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search a wildcard text in a file Post 302863801 by Anamika08 on Tuesday 15th of October 2013 07:03:27 AM
Old 10-15-2013
Hi Pravin,
Thanx for the reply. But it is showing error as :
can's find the string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at -e line 1.

This ' is which symbol? The one that is before 1 key of keyboard or that is near enter key????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days... The structure of the paths are like this: /home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/ /home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text from a file and print text and one previous line too

Hi, Please let me know how to find text and print text and its previous line. Please don't get irritated few days back I asked text and next line. I am using HP-UX 11.11 Thanks for your help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to search and list file with wildcard character

hi, I want to search all files in the current working direcotry and to print in comma (,) seperated output. But I have two patterns to search for. Files will be in ABC20100508.DAT format. Search should happen on the format (ABC????????.DAT) along with date(20100508). I can do a ls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandapani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search text file in file if this file contains necessary text (awk,grep)

Hello friends! Help me pls to write correct awk and grep statements for my task: I have got files with name filename.txt It has such structure: Start of file FROM: address@domen.com (12...890) abc DATE: 11/23/2009 on Std SUBJECT: any subject End of file So, I must check, if this file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Wildcard search

How can i grep for a pattern with wildcard using grep? I want to identify all the lines that start with SAM and end in .PIPE IN.TXT SAM_HEADER.PIPE SAM_DETAIL.PIPE SAM_INVOICE.PIPE Can i do something like grep SAM*.PIPE IN.TXT (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky338
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard search in if loop

Practice folder contains many files and im interested in extracting file which starts with abc* ghi* xyz* . I need to do variety of operations for different files. if file starts with xyz* then i need to move to some destination otherwise some other destination. I am not able to make wildcard... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaar1986
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a text and return the text from file

Hi I have a set of input strings in a pattern as given below string1 string2 string3 string4 string5 I need to search this sequence of strings from a file in such a way that the first two strings (string1 and string2) and last two strings (string4 and string5) should match with the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and BzGrep with Wildcard in Search Pattern

Hello All, I hope this is the right area. If not, Kindly let me know and I will report in the appropriate spot. I am needing to find a search pattern that will make the * act as Wildcard in the search pattern instead of being literal. The example I am using is bzgrep "to=<*@domain.com>"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mancountry
5 Replies
XkbGetKeyExplicitComponents(3)					   XKB FUNCTION 				    XkbGetKeyExplicitComponents(3)

NAME
XkbGetKeyExplicitComponents - Obtain the explicit components (the explicit array) for a subset of the keys in a keyboard description SYNOPSIS
Status XkbGetKeyExplicitComponents (Display *dpy, unsigned int first, unsigned int num, XkbDescPtr xkb); ARGUMENTS
- dpy connection to server - first keycode of first key to fetch - num number of keys for which to get explicit info - xkb Xkb description in which to put results DESCRIPTION
Whenever a client remaps the keyboard using core protocol requests, Xkb examines the map to determine likely default values for the compo- nents that cannot be specified using the core protocol (see Core Keyboard Mapping to Xkb Keyboard Mapping Transformation for more informa- tion on how Xkb chooses the default values). DO THE FOUR PAGES OF "CORE KEYBOARD MAPPING TO XKB KEYBOARD MAPPING TRANSFORMATION" NEED TO BE ADDED HERE? This automatic remapping might replace definitions explicitly requested by an application, so the Xkb keyboard description defines an explicit components mask for each key. Any aspects of the automatic remapping listed in the explicit components mask for a key are not changed by the automatic keyboard mapping. The explicit components masks are held in the explicit field of the server map, which is an array indexed by keycode. Each entry in this array is a mask that is a bitwise inclusive OR of the values shown in Table 1. Table 1 Explicit Component Masks --------------------------------------------------------------- Bit in Explicit Mask Value Protects Against --------------------------------------------------------------- ExplicitKeyType1 (1<<0) Automatic determination of the key type associated with Group1. ExplicitKeyType2 (1<<1) Automatic determination of the key type associated with Group2. ExplicitKeyType3 (1<<2) Automatic determination of the key type associated with Group3. ExplicitKeyType4 (1<<3) Automatic determination of the key type associated with Group4. ExplicitInterpret (1<<4) Application of any of the fields of a symbol interpreta- tion to the key in question. ExplicitAutoRepeat (1<<5) Automatic determination of auto-repeat status for the key, as specified in a symbol interpretation. ExplicitBehavior (1<<6) Automatic assignment of the XkbKB_Lock behavior to the key, if the XkbSI_LockingKey flag is set in a symbol inter- pretation. ExplicitVModMap (1<<7) Automatic determination of the virtual modifier map for the key based on the actions assigned to the key and the symbol interpretations that match the key. XkbGetKeyExplicitComponents sends a request to the server to obtain the explicit components for num keys on the keyboard starting with key first. It waits for a reply and returns the explicit components in the server->explicit array of xkb. If successful, XkbGetKeyExplicit- Components returns Success. The xkb parameter must be a pointer to a valid Xkb keyboard description. If the server map in the xkb parameter has not been allocated, XkbGetKeyExplicitComponents allocates and initializes it before obtaining the actions. If the server does not have a compatible version of Xkb, or the Xkb extension has not been properly initialized, XkbGetKeyExplicitCompo- nents returns BadMatch. If num is less than 1 or greater than XkbMaxKeyCount, XkbGetKeyExplicitComponents returns BadValue. If any alloca- tion errors occur, XkbGetKeyExplicitComponents returns BadAlloc. DIAGNOSTICS
BadAlloc Unable to allocate storage BadMatch A compatible version of Xkb was not available in the server or an argument has correct type and range, but is otherwise invalid BadValue An argument is out of range X v11 Rel. 6.4 20 Jul 1999 XkbGetKeyExplicitComponents(3)