Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut command not working in for loop Post 302863731 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 15th of October 2013 04:20:10 AM
Old 10-15-2013
The error message is quite explicit : "No such file or directory"

Make sure that the file you are processing do exist and that you are in the right directory to process them.
Code:
cat file_GTDA.xls | grep 'GTDA_Dly_Sls_' | while read f
do ls -ld $f
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use loop var i within Cut Command

Hi, In the following bash code rather than cutting at a predefined character I would like to cut at position i (i var from loop). Is this possible? I have tried eval, but either it's not possible or my syntax is wrong. thanks Nick for i in {1..9} do theChar=$(echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: de_la_espada
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut not working in a loop

I have a function "MyPrint" that runs great on a file (BaseData.txt) that has one line of data. If i add rows to the text file it's reading the tFile variable becomes a list of every field 2 in the file. To correct this, i tried to call the function from a loop where i read one line at a time and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KME
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the present working directory

how to traverse through each directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut not working the way i want it to

Hi Forum Im having problem with cut it even when i cut a field from an input file eg echo $x | cut -f1 -d':' it doesnt read the whole line if there is a space in it eg thisLineHasA SpaceInIt :wall: it only read up to the space.What i want is so the it cut the field as one line ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut command, no input delim, output delim not working

Hello, I'm using cygwin on my Windows 7 machine. From the man pages of cut: --output-delimiter=STRING use STRING as the output delimiter the default is to use the input delimiter I tried the following commands and got the error messages: $ cut -c1-10,20-30 -d... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kojac
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CUT command not giving correct result inside loop

Hi, i have a source file and have 3 columns and separated by "|" .i want to split this 3 columns in different variable.When i am executing this values indivisually giving correct result but when the same execute inside a for loop,it's giving issues. Src file(jjj.txt) -------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mv command in for loop - not working

HI Folks - I'm very frustrated - I'm trying to execute a verys imple for loop and rename the files if they exist. here is my loop : ydate=`TZ=aaa24 date +%m%d` CR_YR=$(date "+%Y") echo $ydate echo ${CR_YR} cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is my cut command not working ?

OS : RHEL 6.8 Shell : bash I want to remove all lines like below from the history output as it has password. $ history | grep sqlplus 239 sqlplus jn_usr/dxc825#@10.5.12.106/OCSGPD 256 sqlplus osb_soa/KD1egM09@10.5.12.196/BSOAPRD 279 sqlplus jn_usr/dxc825#@10.80.16.219/OCSGPD... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
5 Replies
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable(3pm)

NAME
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable - Generates GoogleEarth Documents SYNOPSIS
use Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable; my $document=Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable->new(%data); #is a special Folder... my $folder =$document->Folder(%data); #isa Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder my $point =$document->Point(%data); #isa Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Point my $netlink =$document->NetworkLink(%data); #isa Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::NetworkLink my $lookat =$document->LookAt(%data); #isa Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::LookAt my $style =$document->Style(%data); #isa Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Style print $document->render; KML CGI Example use Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable; my $document=Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable->new(name=>"KML Document"); print $document->header, $document->render; KMZ CGI Example use Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable; my $document=Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable->new(name=>"KMZ Document"); print $document->header_kmz, $document->archive; DESCRIPTION
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable is a Perl object oriented interface that allows for the creation of XML documents that can be used with Google Earth. Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable (aka Document) is a Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder with a render method. Object Inheritance Graph -- Base --- Folder --- Document | +- Placemark -+- Point | +- LineString | +- LinearRing | +- StyleBase -+- Style | +- StyleMap | +- NetworkLink USAGE
This is all of the code you need to generate a complete Google Earth document. use Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable; my $document=Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable->new; $document->Point(name=>"White House", lat=>38.897337, lon=>-77.036503); print $document->render; CONSTRUCTOR
new my $document=Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable->new(name=>"My Name"); METHODS
type Returns the object type. my $type=$folder->type; document Returns the document object. All objects know to which document they belong even the document itself! render Returns an XML document with an XML declaration and a root name of "Document" print $document->render; archive Returns a KMZ formatted Zipped archive of the XML document print $document->archive; xmlns Add or update a namespace $document->xmlns->{"namespace"}=$url; Delete a namespace delete($document->xmlns->{"xmlns:gx"}); Replace all namespaces $document->{"xmlns"}={namespace=>$url}; Reset to default namespaces delete($document->{"xmlns"}); nextId This method is in the document since all Styles and StyleMaps are in the document not folders. my $id=$document->nextId($type); #$type in "Style" or "StyleMap" header, header_kml Returns a header appropriate for a web application Content-type: application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=filename.xls $document->header #embedded in browser $document->header(filename=>"filename.xls") #download prompt $document->header(content_type=>"application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml") #default content type header_kmz Returns a header appropriate for a web application Content-type: application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=filename.xls $document->header_kmz #embedded in browser $document->header_kmz(filename=>"filename.xls") #download prompt $document->header_kmz(content_type=>"application/vnd.google-earth.kmz") #default content type TODO
Support for default Polygon and Line styles that are nicer than GoogleEarth's Support for DateTime object in the constructor that is promoted to the LookAt object. Create a GPS::Point plugin (Promote tag as name and datetime to LookAt) BUGS
Please log on RT and send to the geo-perl email list. LIMITATIONS
Not So Pretty XML The XML produced by XML::LibXML is not "pretty". If you need pretty XML you must pass the output through xmllint or a simular product. For example: perl -MGeo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable -e "print Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable->new->render" | xmllint --format - Write Only This package can only write KML and KMZ files. However, if you need to read KML files, please see the Geo::KML package's "from" method. SUPPORT
DavisNetworks.com supports all Perl applications including this package. AUTHOR
Michael R. Davis (mrdvt92) CPAN ID: MRDVT COPYRIGHT
This program is free software licensed under the... The BSD License The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Geo::KML, XML::LibXML, XML::LibXML::LazyBuilder, Archive::Zip, IO::Scalar perl v5.14.2 2011-06-25 Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable(3pm)