Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Working with FOR in ksh 88
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Working with FOR in ksh 88 Post 302863683 by smile689 on Tuesday 15th of October 2013 03:23:54 AM
Old 10-15-2013
Working with FOR in ksh 88

Hi,
I tried the following but giving me all the files in the directory ,
Where i need the files which are assigned to variable like below
Code:
#!/bin/ksh

Src_Dir="/home/etc"
file_nm ="ab.temp"
  for File in `ls $Src_Dir/$file_nm*`
    do

File=`basename $File`
    echo $File
  done

please help me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls not working as expected within ksh

Hi, I use the command ls a\b\c\*.txt from the command line on HP UNIX and it works fine - It lists all files matching *.txt in the a\b\c directory When embeded in a ksh script `ls a\b\c\*.txt` it does not work - I get *.txt not found (even though there are files) I tried... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
10 Replies

2. AIX

Substitution not working in ksh

Following code is working in bash but not in ksh. Can someone please send me an alternative? #!/bin/ksh fname="EOA.dmp" echo $fname logname=${fname/.dmp/.log} echo $logname I am getting below error in ksh "testcmd: logname=${fname/.dmp/.log}: 0403-011 The specified substitution is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Substitution not working in ksh

Hi, Following code is working in bash but not in ksh. Can someone please send me an alternative? #!/bin/ksh fname="EOA.dmp" echo $fname logname=${fname/.dmp/.log} echo $logname I am getting below error in ksh "testcmd: logname=${fname/.dmp/.log}: 0403-011 The specified substitution... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

host cp in ksh script not working

The following script is designed to backup the oracle control file to the trace directory and then copy (the trace file that was created by the backup command) and rename that file(to a .sql) to a backup disk. When I run the script from sqlplus as sysdba everything works but when I execute from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tparker123
1 Replies

5. AIX

du not working for user using ksh

Hi, I have a strange problem with a AIX server, user are having problem with using du will in their ksh shell, if they switch to sh or bash there is not problem. root account that are using ksh but have not problem with du. this is the error messages when trying to run du du: can't find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertngo
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mmin not working in ksh

We have created a unix shell script to read a datafiles from specific input directory in Unix. Users will be copying datafiles to the same input unix directoty. During Testing we observed Unix Shell Script also read the incomplete datafiles which is still copying by the users. As per requirement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kumari Reshma
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement is not working in KSH

#! /bin/ksh rm -f ./xyz file --- this line is working // Below any if stmt is not working. if then echo " blah blah " fi or I replaced above if with if then echo "dir exists" fi This is also not working. I am new to KSH. So can someone help why if stmt is not... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggy9583
31 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script not working

Here's the script: #!/usr/bin/ksh Date=`date +%m%d%y` CDate=`date` FileName=cintas_hosts_and_users.$Date echo $CDate >> $FileName #echo $FileName for host in `cat /collect/itthomp/cintas_hostnames.dat` do echo $host >> $FileName ssh $host "awk -v Fname=$FileName -F: '{if($1 != "root"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt157
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working with ksh

Hi I am not able to execute a script with ksh. Its not giving any error too. I have tried with absolute path /usr/bin/ksh test.sh . Also checked path variable and all looks fine It runs fine with sh. OS is solaris 10. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read -a line not working in ksh

while read -a line; this is not working in ksh. what is the equivalent of this in ksh. read: -a: unknown option (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana25
2 Replies
File::Spec::Functions(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				File::Spec::Functions(3pm)

NAME
File::Spec::Functions - portably perform operations on file names SYNOPSIS
use File::Spec::Functions; $x = catfile('a','b'); DESCRIPTION
This module exports convenience functions for all of the class methods provided by File::Spec. For a reference of available functions, please consult File::Spec::Unix, which contains the entire set, and which is inherited by the modules for other platforms. For further information, please see File::Spec::Mac, File::Spec::OS2, File::Spec::Win32, or File::Spec::VMS. Exports The following functions are exported by default. canonpath catdir catfile curdir rootdir updir no_upwards file_name_is_absolute path The following functions are exported only by request. devnull tmpdir splitpath splitdir catpath abs2rel rel2abs case_tolerant All the functions may be imported using the ":ALL" tag. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 by the Perl 5 Porters. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Spec, File::Spec::Unix, File::Spec::Mac, File::Spec::OS2, File::Spec::Win32, File::Spec::VMS, ExtUtils::MakeMaker perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 File::Spec::Functions(3pm)