Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Source code
Operating Systems Linux Source code Post 302863215 by sea on Sunday 13th of October 2013 05:09:35 AM
Old 10-13-2013
Try: Let me google that for you
or
ask.fedoraproject.org/

You can download the source rpm packages from fedora, they provide the sourcecode, among information to its upstream location.
There is no centralized location of all the source code that is beeing worked on, however, most could probably be found on github.com and sourceforge.com

Last edited by sea; 10-13-2013 at 06:15 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCCS (Source Code)

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone out there have experience using the SCCS source code in Unix? If so, can you recommend a good (user friendly) SCCS book for beginner users. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary
3 Replies

2. Programming

vmstat source code

i am looking for vmstat source code or a listing of the kernel symbols that vmstat uses in the knlist subroutine. Interested in getting vmstat stats from a c program using knlist subroutine, but i dont know what the names of the kernel symbols are that i need to access. thanks in advance::) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briansmith40
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

source code download

hai This is A.gowri kumar from india.I am very facinated with this operating system. so i want to download the whole source code of this operating system (UNIX). So from where can i Download the source code. Please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tapanagkumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt(s) source code?

Does anybody know where this is located? Both for getopt and getopts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhinge
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get executable without source code

hi, Is there any way to get executable of unix shell scripts so that source that source code will be invisible from the client side (as in the case of C language) ? Or is there any archiving method to make source code invisible ? thanks, ravi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux source code

Unix is written in C. From where u can see the source code of unix or linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i get unix source code?

Sir please tell me where can i get source code for some unix kernal and shell also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VIPUL15
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Source code

hii... i am a biginner....and i have linux source code ,downloaded from some website ,a compressed file on windows and dont know how do compile them..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M K Raju
4 Replies
Linux::Distribution(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Linux::Distribution(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution - Perl extension to detect on which Linux distribution we are running. SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); if(my $distro = distribution_name) { my $version = distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } Or else do it OO: use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); my $linux = Linux::Distribution->new; if(my $distro = $linux->distribution_name()) { my $version = $linux->distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that tries to guess on what linux distribution we are running by looking for release's files in /etc. It now looks for 'lsb-release' first as that should be the most correct and adds ubuntu support. Secondly, it will look for the distro specific files. It currently recognizes slackware, debian, suse, fedora, redhat, turbolinux, yellowdog, knoppix, mandrake, conectiva, immunix, tinysofa, va-linux, trustix, adamantix, yoper, arch-linux, libranet, gentoo, ubuntu, scientific, oracle enterprise linux and redflag. It has function to get the version for debian, suse, fedora, redhat, gentoo, slackware, scientific, oracle enterprise linux, redflag and ubuntu(lsb). People running unsupported distro's are greatly encouraged to submit patches :-) EXPORT None by default. TODO
Add the capability of recognize the version of the distribution for all recognized distributions. AUTHORS
Alexandr Ciornii <alexchorny@gmail.com>, <http://chorny.net> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 Linux::Distribution(3pm)