Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris - Filter columns in text file and adding new column Post 302859631 by jpbastos on Thursday 3rd of October 2013 12:31:45 PM
Old 10-03-2013
Don thank you very very much for your help, it is working nearly to perfection

My appologies if I donīt give all info at once, I am quite newbie to this as I mention, and just learning as I go along.....

Your solution works perfect, the only thing I am not very clear is how I can add a specific range for a specific line, is that possible?

Say I would only want to change thresholds for EH.ERROR.ADB_INSERT but not EH.ERROR.ADB_UPDATE, I tried this but does not work Smilie

Code:

EH.ERROR.ADB_INSERT --------- 5* 0 11 0.0 Kb
EH.ERROR.ADB_UPDATE --------- 5* 0 0 0.0 Kb
ERP.SAP-PI.bpmMensagemSMS.EH ---+----- 5* 0 234 0.0 Kb
ERRORHANDLER.UI.CFG.POLICY.REQUEST ---+----- 5* 0 1000 0.0 Kb

I tried this but did not work....

Code:
BEGIN {#ERE to match domain            Range 0 max        Range 1 max
        dom[0] = ".*";                 rm[0,0] = 1000;    rm[0,1] = 2000     
        dom[1] = "^EH.ERROR.ADB_INSERT\.";        rm[1,0] = 15000;      rm[1,1] = 20000     
        dom[2] = "^ERP\.";       rm[2,0] = 10000;      rm[2,1] = 20000
        ndom=3
        # determine # of columns needed to print range values...  
        for(i = 0; i < ndom; i++) {    
                if(length(rm[i,0]) > mr0) mr0 = length(rm[i,0])  
                if(length(rm[i,1]) > mr1) mr1 = length(rm[i,1])   
        }

Again, thank you very much for your time and patience with this newbie :P

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a column to a text based on file name

Dear all, Does anyone know how I could to add a column of numbers (1s, or 2s, or..., or 6s) to two-column text files (tab-delimited), where the specific number to be added varies as a function of the file naming? Currently, each of my text files has two columns, so the column with the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlapate
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions for adding columns to text file

Good afternoon to everyone, I have some input and output from various widgets that I am trying to get to play nicely together. Basically I would like to stay out of excel and be able to automate the entire process. I have read some posts here about how to use awk, nawk, etc, to do similar... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a new column in a file with other existing columns

Hi All , Kindly help me with this soln awk '{printf "%s %7s \n", $1,$c}' infile where value of variable c I am externally giving input But executing the above command shows all the columns of infile where as I want only 1st column of infile and 2nd column should print value c (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding tags to a specific column of a space delimited text file

I have a space delimited text file with two columns. I would like to add NA to the first column of the text file. Input: 19625 10.4791768259 19700 10.8146489183 19701 10.9084026759 19702 10.9861346978 19703 10.9304364984 Output: NA19625 10.4791768259 NA19700 10.8146489183... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a column to a text file based on mathematical manipulation

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file with three different columns. I want to add an extra column to the text file. The extra column will be the second column and it will equal third column - 1. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! Input: chr1 788822 rs11240777 chr1 1008567 rs9442372... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a column to a text file with row numbers

Hi, I would like to add a new column containing the row numbers to a text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! Example input: A X B Y C D Output: A X 1 B Y 2 C D 3 (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading columns from a text file and to make an array for each column

Hi, I am not so familiar with bash scripting and would appreciate your help here. I have a text file 'input.txt' like this: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 I want to store each column in an array like this a ={2 5 8}, b={3 6 9}, c={4 7 10} so that i can access any element, e.g b=6 for the later use. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Asif Siddique
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in adding text before columns in shell script

Hello, Can someone please help in below requirement. My requirement is to add date before to first column,some text before 1st,2nd coulmns and insert a new column in between 2 and 3 columns. input file. aa 123 dddd aa 667 kdkdk ddj 738 kkkk aa 123 dddd aa 667 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cva2568
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)