Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot execute binary file
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Cannot execute binary file Post 302856319 by fedora18 on Monday 23rd of September 2013 03:11:51 PM
Old 09-23-2013
Thanks Corona for the quick reply.
Makes sense.

Is there a typical way to do this?
Or any known sources of information on your end?

At the moment I don't use any development software. Just sublime text and a terminal window.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

compiled binary file gives "cannot execute binary file"

Hi, I have two Solaris machines. 1. SunOS X 5.8 Generic_108528-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1500 2. SunOS Y 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60 I am trying to buiild a project on both these machines. The Binary output file compiled on machine 2 runs on both the machines. Where... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scgupta
0 Replies

2. Linux

cannot execute binary file

We are getting one error when we execute the binary file below mentioned, and ownership goes to root:nobody, how to resolve this problem. sh /home/pub/bin/awk: cannot execute binary file :confused: Pls help me out . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to execute a binary file in solaris?

How to execute a binary file in solaris? I used ./setup.bin . I got the error ./setup.bin not found. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot execute binary file

HI, i am trying to execute one .bin file which is a pre-installed (not compiled by me). But I am getting the error "cannot execute binary file".I checked the permissions and everything is ok. also I checked ldd <bin-filename> andit showed a msg "not a dynamic executable" Can anyone help in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhag281
4 Replies

5. SuSE

can not execute binary file

When I am trying to execute a script created by Perl2exe in Linux SLES 8.1 running with virtual machine on mainframe s/390 ....I am getting "cannot execute binary file".... In the linux server which are not in mainframe the scripts are fine..... Thanks for help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anu10
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot execute binary file

As root, I receive the error message, "cannot execute binary file" when running some commands such as /usr/bin/clear or /usr/sbin/brctl or /usr/sbin/lsof. The system is running RHEL5.5. File permissions are 755. noexec is NOT set on the partitions where these files live. I've spent a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithJ
6 Replies

7. Linux

I'm trying to install JasperReports Server 4.1 on Linux Ubuntu (release 11.04) as root and have following message: -bash: ./jasperreports-server-cp-4.1.0-linux-x64-installer.run: cannot execute binary file Is any idea what should I do in order to install Jasper? Previously, I installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pots06
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xcrysden:Cannot execute binary file

Grettings, Hi and thanks for taking a look at this. I'm going to attempt to explain this the best I possible can but due to my limited knowledge of linux this may prove difficult. I have attempted to install xcrysden on cygwin following the instruction on xcrysden webpage (I attempted to link the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zbay
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin - cannot execute binary file

Hey all, I am using Cygwin on a machine running windows 7 64bits. I am about to use the following command: $ faToTwoBit in.fa out.2bit In the manual on sourceforge it mentioned: "Download blat and faToTwoBit and set the blat_bin and fatotwobit_bin entries in config.txt to the fully... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Hi, When i was trying to execute binary file i am getting the below " cannot execute binary file " error message." My Unix Version is : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga) Logged in as Sudo user and $PATH Value is below ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandy
1 Replies
xcb_query_tree(3)						   XCB Requests 						 xcb_query_tree(3)

NAME
xcb_query_tree - query the window tree SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/xproto.h> Request function xcb_query_tree_cookie_t xcb_query_tree(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_window_t window); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_query_tree_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; xcb_window_t root; xcb_window_t parent; uint16_t children_len; uint8_t pad1[14]; } xcb_query_tree_reply_t; Reply function xcb_query_tree_reply_t *xcb_query_tree_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_query_tree_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors xcb_window_t *xcb_query_tree_children(const xcb_query_tree_request_t *reply); int xcb_query_tree_children_length(const xcb_query_tree_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_query_tree_children_end(const xcb_query_tree_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. window The window to query. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_QUERY_TREE. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). root The root window of window. parent The parent window of window. children_len The number of child windows. DESCRIPTION
Gets the root window ID, parent window ID and list of children windows for the specified window. The children are listed in bottom-to-top stacking order. RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_query_tree_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_query_tree_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_query_tree_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. EXAMPLE
/* * Displays the root, parent and children of the specified window. * */ void my_example(xcb_connection *conn, xcb_window_t window) { xcb_query_tree_cookie_t cookie; xcb_query_tree_reply_t *reply; cookie = xcb_query_tree(conn, window); if ((reply = xcb_query_tree_reply(conn, cookie, NULL))) { printf("root = 0x%08x ", reply->root); printf("parent = 0x%08x ", reply->parent); xcb_window_t *children = xcb_query_tree_children(reply); for (int i = 0; i < xcb_query_tree_children_length(reply); i++) printf("child window = 0x%08x ", children[i]); free(reply); } } SEE ALSO
xcb-requests(3), xcb-examples(3), xwininfo(1) AUTHOR
Generated from xproto.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_query_tree(3)