Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete the file which crossed 2GB Post 302855273 by RudiC on Thursday 19th of September 2013 01:26:19 PM
Old 09-19-2013
Is the stat command available on your system?
Code:
if [ "$(stat -c%s $a)" -gt 2147483648 ]
then backup $a                     # whatever backup system you want to use
     check backup success
     rm $a
else ...

Last edited by RudiC; 09-19-2013 at 02:35 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File size exceeding 2GB

I am working on HP-Unix. I have a 600 MB file in compressed form. During decompression, when file size reaches 2GB, decompression aborts. What should be done? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadeem Mistry
3 Replies

2. Programming

C++ Problem, managing >2Gb file

My C++ program returns 'Disk Full' Message when I tried to manage a file larger than 2Gb. the process is very simple: based on a TXT file, the process combine the information generating another temporary file (generating the error) to fillup a database. My FS, during the process, reaches 40%...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASOliveira
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

efficiently split a 2GB text file into two

Can an expert kindly write an efficient Linux ksh script that will split a large 2 GB text file into two? Here is a couple of sample record from that text file: "field1","field2","field3",11,22,33,44 "TG","field2b","field3b",1,2,3,4 The above rows are delimited by commas. This script is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihot
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find filesystems crossed 90% capacity

Hi experts, How do i find which are the filesystems which has crossed 90% capacity in solaris box. thanks Shaan:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAX file size limited to 2GB

Hi All, We are running HP rp7400 box with hpux 11iv1. Recently, we changed 3 kernel parameters a) msgseg from 32560 to 32767 b) msgmnb from 65536 to 65535 c) msgssz from 128 to 256 Then we noticed that all application debug file size increase upto 2GB then it stops. So far we did not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

6. AIX

Creating > 2GB file

I am trying to execute a database dump to a file, but can't seem to get around the 2GB file size. I have tried setting the user limit to -1, but no luck. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
4 Replies

7. Programming

Can't create file bigger than 2GB with my application

Hi, I've created a simple application that is supposed to fill up a file with messages up to the size I pass as parameter. The problem is that once the file reaches the 2GB size, it stops growing. The flow of the application, for what is worth, is as follows: while ( bytes written <... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
7 Replies

8. Linux

unzipping file > 2gb

I am not able to unzip file greater then 2gb, Any suggestions how to do that in linux? Regards, Manoj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a file more than 2GB

Hi, I am executing a SQL query and the output is more than 2GB. Hence the process is failing. How can I have a file created more than 2GB ? Thanks, Risshanth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

2GB file size limit

Greetings, I'm attempting to dump a filesystem from a RHEL5 Linux server to a VXFS filesystem on an HP-UX server. The VXFS filesystem is large file enabled and I've confirmed that I can copy/scp a file >2GB to the filesystem. # fsadm -F vxfs /os_dumps largefiles # mkfs -F vxfs -m... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkimura
12 Replies
form_driver(3X) 														   form_driver(3X)

NAME
form_driver - command-processing loop of the form system SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int form_driver(FORM *form, int c); DESCRIPTION
Once a form has been posted (displayed), you should funnel input events to it through form_driver. This routine has two major input cases; either the input is a form navigation request or it's a printable ASCII character. The form driver requests are as follows: REQ_NEXT_PAGE Move to the next page. REQ_PREV_PAGE Move to the previous page. REQ_FIRST_PAGE Move to the first page. REQ_LAST_PAGE Move to the last field. REQ_NEXT_FIELD Move to the next field. REQ_PREV_FIELD Move to the previous field. REQ_FIRST_FIELD Move to the first field. REQ_LAST_FIELD Move to the last field. REQ_SNEXT_FIELD Move to the sorted next field. REQ_SPREV_FIELD Move to the sorted previous field. REQ_SFIRST_FIELD Move to the sorted first field. REQ_SLAST_FIELD Move to the sorted last field. REQ_LEFT_FIELD Move left to a field. REQ_RIGHT_FIELD Move right to a field. REQ_UP_FIELD Move up to a field. REQ_DOWN_FIELD Move down to a field. REQ_NEXT_CHAR Move to the next char. REQ_PREV_CHAR Move to the previous char. REQ_NEXT_LINE Move to the next line. REQ_PREV_LINE Move to the previous line. REQ_NEXT_WORD Move to the next word. REQ_PREV_WORD Move to the previous word. REQ_BEG_FIELD Move to the beginning of the field. REQ_END_FIELD Move to the end of the field. REQ_BEG_LINE Move to the beginning of the line. REQ_END_LINE Move to the end of the line. REQ_LEFT_CHAR Move left in the field. REQ_RIGHT_CHAR Move right in the field. REQ_UP_CHAR Move up in the field. REQ_DOWN_CHAR Move down in the field. REQ_NEW_LINE Insert or overlay a new line. REQ_INS_CHAR Insert a blank at the cursor. REQ_INS_LINE Insert a blank line at the cursor. REQ_DEL_CHAR Delete character at the cursor. REQ_DEL_PREV Delete character before the cursor. REQ_DEL_LINE Delete line at the cursor. REQ_DEL_WORD Delete blank-delimited word at the cursor. REQ_CLR_EOL Clear to end of line from cursor. REQ_CLR_EOF Clear to end of field from cursor. REQ_CLR_FIELD Clear the entire field. REQ_OVL_MODE Enter overlay mode. REQ_INS_MODE Enter insert mode. REQ_SCR_FLINE Scroll the field forward a line. REQ_SCR_BLINE Scroll the field backward a line. REQ_SCR_FPAGE Scroll the field forward a page. REQ_SCR_BPAGE Scroll the field backward a page. REQ_SCR_FHPAGE Scroll the field forward half a page. REQ_SCR_BHPAGE Scroll the field backward half a page. REQ_SCR_FCHAR Scroll the field forward a character. REQ_SCR_BCHAR Scroll the field backward a character. REQ_SCR_HFLINE Horizontal scroll the field forward a line. REQ_SCR_HBLINE Horizontal scroll the field backward a line. REQ_SCR_HFHALF Horizontal scroll the field forward half a line. REQ_SCR_HBHALF Horizontal scroll the field backward half a line. REQ_VALIDATION Validate field. REQ_NEXT_CHOICE Display next field choice. REQ_PREV_CHOICE Display previous field choice. If the second argument is a printable ASCII character, the driver places it in the current position in the current field. If it is one of the forms requests listed above, that request is executed. If the second argument is neither printable ASCII nor one of the above pre-defined form requests, the driver assumes it is an application- specific command and returns E_UNKNOWN_COMMAND. Application-defined commands should be defined relative to MAX_COMMAND, the maximum value of these pre-defined requests. RETURN VALUE
form_driver return one of the following error codes: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_UNKNOWN_COMMAND The form driver code saw an unknown request code. E_INVALID_FIELD Contents of field is invalid. E_REQUEST_DENIED The form driver could not process the request. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), form(3X). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header files <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. form_driver(3X)