Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete the file which crossed 2GB Post 302855257 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 19th of September 2013 12:56:50 PM
Old 09-19-2013
Hi,

the command
Code:
 -s

gives true value if a file size is Non- Zero.
So you can try to do compare by size in code.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File size exceeding 2GB

I am working on HP-Unix. I have a 600 MB file in compressed form. During decompression, when file size reaches 2GB, decompression aborts. What should be done? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadeem Mistry
3 Replies

2. Programming

C++ Problem, managing >2Gb file

My C++ program returns 'Disk Full' Message when I tried to manage a file larger than 2Gb. the process is very simple: based on a TXT file, the process combine the information generating another temporary file (generating the error) to fillup a database. My FS, during the process, reaches 40%...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASOliveira
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

efficiently split a 2GB text file into two

Can an expert kindly write an efficient Linux ksh script that will split a large 2 GB text file into two? Here is a couple of sample record from that text file: "field1","field2","field3",11,22,33,44 "TG","field2b","field3b",1,2,3,4 The above rows are delimited by commas. This script is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihot
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find filesystems crossed 90% capacity

Hi experts, How do i find which are the filesystems which has crossed 90% capacity in solaris box. thanks Shaan:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAX file size limited to 2GB

Hi All, We are running HP rp7400 box with hpux 11iv1. Recently, we changed 3 kernel parameters a) msgseg from 32560 to 32767 b) msgmnb from 65536 to 65535 c) msgssz from 128 to 256 Then we noticed that all application debug file size increase upto 2GB then it stops. So far we did not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

6. AIX

Creating > 2GB file

I am trying to execute a database dump to a file, but can't seem to get around the 2GB file size. I have tried setting the user limit to -1, but no luck. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
4 Replies

7. Programming

Can't create file bigger than 2GB with my application

Hi, I've created a simple application that is supposed to fill up a file with messages up to the size I pass as parameter. The problem is that once the file reaches the 2GB size, it stops growing. The flow of the application, for what is worth, is as follows: while ( bytes written <... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
7 Replies

8. Linux

unzipping file > 2gb

I am not able to unzip file greater then 2gb, Any suggestions how to do that in linux? Regards, Manoj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a file more than 2GB

Hi, I am executing a SQL query and the output is more than 2GB. Hence the process is failing. How can I have a file created more than 2GB ? Thanks, Risshanth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

2GB file size limit

Greetings, I'm attempting to dump a filesystem from a RHEL5 Linux server to a VXFS filesystem on an HP-UX server. The VXFS filesystem is large file enabled and I've confirmed that I can copy/scp a file >2GB to the filesystem. # fsadm -F vxfs /os_dumps largefiles # mkfs -F vxfs -m... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkimura
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)