Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to rotate the log messages? Post 302855193 by in2nix4life on Thursday 19th of September 2013 10:21:39 AM
Old 09-19-2013
It's a little different on Solaris. The tool is called logadm. You can either check the man pages for logadm and logadm.conf, or look here for the cliff notes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Check size and rotate log script.

Hi Can you suggest some perl script. My OS is HP-UX 11.11 I want to it into a cron job. Every night it will backup the file with that day's date and open a dummy file. Thanks Ash (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishT
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rotate log files

hi friends i need a shell script to rotate the logs in a directory, dated n days back. can anybody of help. appreciate.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satya_skm
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

log rotate

hi , what is the meaning of log rotate? how do i rotate /var/adm/wtmps log and gzip it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Log Rotate

Hello, I only know the basic for shell programing. I need help for this, I thinks this is a basic for anyone who know a litle of shell scripting. I need creat a script for a rotatate logs, when a filesystem is full. I have a filesystem. The rotate consist in zip the current log (copy) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: El Rengo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rotate log files

I have a big log,separated by the character:, one of the fields is the date in the format "day / month / year" and I need to remove the lines prior to 30 days. Can help me? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: msanbrug
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a rotate log script

Hi all, Am trying to write my own log rotate script. Curremtly, what I have is as below: #!/bin/ksh file_to_rotate=${1} x=${2} while ] do let curr=${x} let prev=${x}-1 if ] ; then #echo "cp -p ${file_to_rotate} ${file_to_rotate}.${curr}" cp -p... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to rotate file log

Hi Experts, I have script on crontab and give output quite large. I would like to know how to create rotate log when the size of log maximum 50MB if the test.log is 50MB then create test.0 Thanks Edy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log rotate

Hi, I have below script in logrotate.d to rotate logs. logs are not rotating after the file grow to 1k, do you have any idea? Is it because of it just only 1K? Please let me know if the below syntax is in correct. # more trotate /sourcepath/*/servers/*/logs/*log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpprasad321
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache log rotate configuration

HI i was trying to configure logrotate for my apache server and it's not working properly. here is my lodrotate configuration /var/log/httpd/*log { daily missingok notifempty sharedscripts compress delaycompress postrotate /sbin/service httpd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Apache log rotate configuration

HI i was trying to configure logrotate for my apache server and it's not working properly. Os: Red Hat 6 here is my lodrotate configuration /var/log/httpd/*log { daily missingok notifempty sharedscripts compress delaycompress postrotate ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
3 Replies
glutSpaceballRotateFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT					    glutSpaceballRotateFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSpaceballRotateFunc - sets the Spaceball rotation callback for the current window. SYNTAX
void glutSpaceballRotateFunc(void (*func)(int x, int y, int z)); ARGUMENTS
func The new spaceball rotate callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutSpaceballRotateFunc sets the Spaceball rotate callback for the current window. The Spaceball rotate callback for a window is called when the window has Spaceball input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates Spaceball rotations. The x, y, and z callback parameters indicate the rotation along the X, Y, and Z axes. The callback parameters are normalized to be within the range of -1800 to 1800 inclusive. Registering a Spaceball rotate callback when a Spaceball device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no Space- ball rotate callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutSpaceballRotateFunc disables the generation of Spaceball rotate callbacks. When a new window is created, no Spaceball rotate callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutSpaceballMotionFunc, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutMotionFunc, glutTabletMotionFunc, glutJoystickFunc, glutDeviceGet AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSpaceballRotateFunc(3GLUT)