Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to rotate the log messages? Post 302855175 by vbe on Thursday 19th of September 2013 09:41:35 AM
Old 09-19-2013
the last post of your previous thread gives you the answer:
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...ting-logs.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Check size and rotate log script.

Hi Can you suggest some perl script. My OS is HP-UX 11.11 I want to it into a cron job. Every night it will backup the file with that day's date and open a dummy file. Thanks Ash (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishT
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rotate log files

hi friends i need a shell script to rotate the logs in a directory, dated n days back. can anybody of help. appreciate.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satya_skm
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

log rotate

hi , what is the meaning of log rotate? how do i rotate /var/adm/wtmps log and gzip it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Log Rotate

Hello, I only know the basic for shell programing. I need help for this, I thinks this is a basic for anyone who know a litle of shell scripting. I need creat a script for a rotatate logs, when a filesystem is full. I have a filesystem. The rotate consist in zip the current log (copy) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: El Rengo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rotate log files

I have a big log,separated by the character:, one of the fields is the date in the format "day / month / year" and I need to remove the lines prior to 30 days. Can help me? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: msanbrug
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a rotate log script

Hi all, Am trying to write my own log rotate script. Curremtly, what I have is as below: #!/bin/ksh file_to_rotate=${1} x=${2} while ] do let curr=${x} let prev=${x}-1 if ] ; then #echo "cp -p ${file_to_rotate} ${file_to_rotate}.${curr}" cp -p... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to rotate file log

Hi Experts, I have script on crontab and give output quite large. I would like to know how to create rotate log when the size of log maximum 50MB if the test.log is 50MB then create test.0 Thanks Edy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log rotate

Hi, I have below script in logrotate.d to rotate logs. logs are not rotating after the file grow to 1k, do you have any idea? Is it because of it just only 1K? Please let me know if the below syntax is in correct. # more trotate /sourcepath/*/servers/*/logs/*log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpprasad321
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache log rotate configuration

HI i was trying to configure logrotate for my apache server and it's not working properly. here is my lodrotate configuration /var/log/httpd/*log { daily missingok notifempty sharedscripts compress delaycompress postrotate /sbin/service httpd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Apache log rotate configuration

HI i was trying to configure logrotate for my apache server and it's not working properly. Os: Red Hat 6 here is my lodrotate configuration /var/log/httpd/*log { daily missingok notifempty sharedscripts compress delaycompress postrotate ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)