Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to make entries background tasks in the table? Post 302854201 by Venkatesh1 on Tuesday 17th of September 2013 12:27:50 AM
Old 09-17-2013
How to make entries background tasks in the table?

Hi am new to unix ,
when the background task is running how to put entry in the table and also if there is any issue how to stop the running task.

can anyone help me...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a parent wait on a child shells running in background?

Hi I have a shell script A which calls another 10 shell scripts which run in background. How do i make the parent script wait for the child scripts complete, or in other words, i must be able to do a grep of parent script to find out if the child scripts are still running. My Code: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albertashish
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make a foreground running process to run background without hang up

I've tried this a long time ago and was successful but could not remember how i did it. Tried ctrl+Z and then used bg % could not figure what i did after to keep it no hangup - not sure if used nohup -p pid, can u plz help me out if this can be done. Any help will be appreciated. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to make fixtures table with lynx --dump and pipe filters

Hey, I'm trying to make a nice clear table of fixtures. lynx --dump Fixtures & Reports | Fixtures | Arsenal.com | tail -n+360 | less #tail to remove 1st 360 line I'm trying to remove the 'Add to Calendar' bit next I tried pipping through sed but not sure if I did it right sed 's/\Add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 64mb
3 Replies

4. Solaris

how do i make a route entry permanent in the routing table on solaris 8?

how do I make sure that the entry in the routing table on Solaris 8 stay permanent after rebooting the server. For example route add 172.20.1.60 -netmask 255.255.255.0 172.20.255.253 Each time the server reboots the entry disappears when using the command netstat -nr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background tasks in a loop (bash)

I am trying to use a loop to start tasks 0-3, running 0,1,2 in the background with &. FOLDSET=( 0 1 2 3 ) for FOLDSET in ${FOLDSET} do if ; then BACKGRD="&" else BACKGRD="" fi # start task $FOLDSET task1 -nogui -ni -p $PROJ \ epochs=$EPOS ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to make a table from Named Variables.

I need a shell script to make a table from Named Variables Input File(Can have multiple lines): a=1,b=2,d=4,e=5 a=11,b=12,c=13,d=14 Output file: a,b,c,d,e 1,2,,4,5 11,12,13,14, Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shariramani
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check background tasks status, if fail report

Hi, I have a requirement where I want to submit appx 100 jobs based on the files received. Assume today I received source file for 50 jobs, then I have submit a common script at 50 times. This common script will take appx 1-2 mins to finish. I can' complete my parent script untill all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetvipin
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build a table from a list by comparing existing table entries

I am new to this shell scripting.... I have a file which contains list of users. This files get updated when new user comes into the system. I want to create script which will give a table containing unique list of users. When I say unique, it means script should match table while parsing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchavan1901
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make a table from a text file

Hi, I have a pipe separated text file. Can some someone tell me how to convert it to a table? Text File contents. |Activities|Status1|Status2|Status3| ||NA|$io_running2|$io_running3| |Replication Status|NA|$running2|$running3| ||NA|$master2|$master3|... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocky88
1 Replies
starting(7)                                              Miscellaneous Information Manual                                              starting(7)

NAME
starting - event signalling that a job is starting SYNOPSIS
starting JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The starting event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when a new instance of a job begins starting. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs. init(8) will wait for all services started by this event to be running, all tasks started by this event to have finished and all jobs stopped by this event to be stopped before allowing the job to continue starting. This allows jobs to effectively insert themselves as dependencies of other jobs. The event is typically combined with the stopped(7) event by services. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the starting event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running whenever another service would be running, started before and stopped after it, might use: start on starting apache stop on stopped apache A task that must be run before another task or service is started might use: start on starting postgresql SEE ALSO
started(7) stopping(7) stopped(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 starting(7)