Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Rhel 6.1 - How to create a kickstart file? Post 302854151 by Saplmb on Monday 16th of September 2013 09:15:35 PM
Old 09-16-2013
So when I boot from the RHEL disc, I just install to HD or which steps should I take? Thanks for your help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Redhat AS 3.0 Kickstart file issue

I am trying to create a custom ks.cfg file with redhat AS 3.0. I have a certain package list I would like to install so we have just the packages we need. The issue is in the file it show groups so I have removed them and added my list of packages as I would when useing this in AS 2.1 but for some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acleoma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kickstart file questions

Hi, I have few questions to make this kickstart file to be more efficient: 1) I would like to reboot the server once the installation (included installed all the optional rpm) is done. 2) Is there a nicer way to install rpm packages? (Here I included the commands in my kickstart file) #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beeloo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kickstart File

Hi, I was able to set up a kickstart to install Red Hat Enterprise thought a network. I'm trying to enable a NTP time server in the post section of the kickstart file and also enable/disable a few services using chkconfig. I can't seam to get it to work, can anyone help ? I don't beleive i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Georgesaa
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script to modify kickstart file

Hi, I would like to create a script so that it will ask me the following: 1) What is the ip address? 2) What is the gateway address? 3) What is the hostname? and then put the answer to the below kickstart file (kickstart.cfg) Here I included the kickstart.cfg: # Kickstart file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beeloo
9 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL Kickstart

Hi, I am trying to install RHEL5.3 using kickstart method. Copied the rhel.iso file from DVD to http location. ks.cfg and rhel.iso files are available on a WINDOWS2008 Server (via HTTP). In ks.cfg file, provided the media path as url --url=http://xx.xx.xx.xx/RHEL53. System understanding the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL Kickstart Pre-Install script

Hey all, I'm not sure if this possible but I had tested it out manually during the installation (placed a sleep in the pre-installation) and it worked. I'm trying to have a pexpect script to log into the mysql and input a new row for the pre-installation, which will end up displaying on a web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karljbaker
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

OpenSUSE installation using RHEL / CentOS Kickstart

Hi guys I have CentOS installed on my server. I have also installed TFTP server, DHCP server. I am able to install CentOS on remote machines using PXE boot and kickstart cfg file. I would like to install OpenSUSE using CentOS kickstart file. How do I do it ? I am also fine with any other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msohail
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Create/remove desktop short cuts via command line RHEL 6.3....

I would like to write a script that would remove and/or create shortcuts in Gnome desktop in RHEL 6.3... I googled all over the place could never find what I needed... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruberked
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Trouble creating RHEL 6.5 bootable image with custom kickstart file

Hi everyone, I have a custom kickstart file from a software vendor and I'm trying to package that with a RHEL 6.5 and then attach it to a VM and install RHEL with the settings in the kickstarter file. I'm doing this from a windows PC using an app called InfraRecorder. I've extracted the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 911Eric
0 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". It is designed to be used in a non-interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Net- work Classic --username The username to register the system with under Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an exist- ing Spacewalk, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Spacewalk / Red Hat Satellite / Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)