Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Rhel 6.1 - How to create a kickstart file? Post 302854143 by Scott on Monday 16th of September 2013 07:49:00 PM
Old 09-16-2013
The simplest way is to take one from an existing installation, found in /root/anaconda-ks.cfg, and modify it as needed.

Alternatively, you can use the kickstart configurator - system-config-kickstart - to modify it, or to create a new one.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Redhat AS 3.0 Kickstart file issue

I am trying to create a custom ks.cfg file with redhat AS 3.0. I have a certain package list I would like to install so we have just the packages we need. The issue is in the file it show groups so I have removed them and added my list of packages as I would when useing this in AS 2.1 but for some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acleoma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kickstart file questions

Hi, I have few questions to make this kickstart file to be more efficient: 1) I would like to reboot the server once the installation (included installed all the optional rpm) is done. 2) Is there a nicer way to install rpm packages? (Here I included the commands in my kickstart file) #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beeloo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kickstart File

Hi, I was able to set up a kickstart to install Red Hat Enterprise thought a network. I'm trying to enable a NTP time server in the post section of the kickstart file and also enable/disable a few services using chkconfig. I can't seam to get it to work, can anyone help ? I don't beleive i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Georgesaa
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script to modify kickstart file

Hi, I would like to create a script so that it will ask me the following: 1) What is the ip address? 2) What is the gateway address? 3) What is the hostname? and then put the answer to the below kickstart file (kickstart.cfg) Here I included the kickstart.cfg: # Kickstart file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beeloo
9 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL Kickstart

Hi, I am trying to install RHEL5.3 using kickstart method. Copied the rhel.iso file from DVD to http location. ks.cfg and rhel.iso files are available on a WINDOWS2008 Server (via HTTP). In ks.cfg file, provided the media path as url --url=http://xx.xx.xx.xx/RHEL53. System understanding the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL Kickstart Pre-Install script

Hey all, I'm not sure if this possible but I had tested it out manually during the installation (placed a sleep in the pre-installation) and it worked. I'm trying to have a pexpect script to log into the mysql and input a new row for the pre-installation, which will end up displaying on a web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karljbaker
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

OpenSUSE installation using RHEL / CentOS Kickstart

Hi guys I have CentOS installed on my server. I have also installed TFTP server, DHCP server. I am able to install CentOS on remote machines using PXE boot and kickstart cfg file. I would like to install OpenSUSE using CentOS kickstart file. How do I do it ? I am also fine with any other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msohail
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Create/remove desktop short cuts via command line RHEL 6.3....

I would like to write a script that would remove and/or create shortcuts in Gnome desktop in RHEL 6.3... I googled all over the place could never find what I needed... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruberked
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Trouble creating RHEL 6.5 bootable image with custom kickstart file

Hi everyone, I have a custom kickstart file from a software vendor and I'm trying to package that with a RHEL 6.5 and then attach it to a VM and install RHEL with the settings in the kickstarter file. I'm doing this from a windows PC using an app called InfraRecorder. I've extracted the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 911Eric
0 Replies
show-installed(1)														 show-installed(1)

NAME
show-installed - show installed RPM packages and descriptions SYNOPSIS
show-installed [options] DESCRIPTION
show-installed gives a compact description of the packages installed (or given) making use of the comps groups found in the repositories. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -f FORMAT, --format=FORMAT yum, kickstart or human; yum gives the result as a yum command line; kickstart the content of a %packages section; "human" readable is default. -i INPUT, --input=INPUT File to read the package list from instead of using the rpmdb. - for stdin. The file must contain package names only separated by white space (including newlines). rpm -qa --qf='%{name} ' produces proper output. -o OUTPUT, --output=OUTPUT File to write the result to. Stdout is used if option is omitted. -q, --quiet Do not show warnings. -e, --no-excludes Only show groups that are installed completely. Do not use exclude lines. --global-excludes Print exclude lines at the end and not after the groups requiring them. --global-addons Print package names at the end and not after the groups offering them as addon. --addons-by-group Also show groups not selected to sort packages contained by them. Those groups are commented out with a "# " at the begin of the line. -m, --allow-mandatories Check if just installing the mandatory packages gives better results. Uses "." to mark those groups. -a, --allow-all Check if installing all packages in the groups gives better results. Uses "*" to mark those groups. --ignore-missing Ignore packages missing in the repos. --ignore-missing-excludes Do not produce exclude lines for packages not in the repository. Florian Festi 21 October 2010 show-installed(1)