Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stateless process
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stateless process Post 302853965 by Corona688 on Monday 16th of September 2013 12:00:50 PM
Old 09-16-2013
and on systems that don't, I believe you can just do

Code:
ps $pid >/dev/null 2>/dev/null || echo "$pid is dead"

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Protect service with statefull, stateless

how to protect service dns with filtering tables (statefull, stateless)? iptables -L iptables ...? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nini
1 Replies

5. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
ALEVT-DATE(1)                                                      Teletext time                                                     ALEVT-DATE(1)

NAME
alevt-date - display/set time received via Teletext SYNOPSIS
alevt-date [options] DESCRIPTION
alevt-date displays the time received from a Teletext source. It can be used to set the system time. The date is not interpreted (not even transmitted on most channels). So it allows only adjustment of +/-12 hours. The default allowed adjustment is limited to +/-2 hours (use -delta to change). Without the -set option it just displays the date in the format of the date(1) command. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -set Set system time from time received via Teletext. -delta seconds Maximum allowed adjustment made to the system time. The default is 7200 seconds (2 hours) and the maximum that may be given is 12 hours. -format string Format string to used to print the time. Look at strftime(3) for possible control sequences. -vbi device Use the given device name. Default: /dev/vbi, /dev/vbi0, /dev/video0, /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 tried in this order. -timeout seconds If the time can't be detected in seconds, the program is terminated with a SIGALRM. -progname name Specifies the program name if using the DVB interface. -pid pid Specifies the teletext PID if using the DVB interface. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. Before starting this program, you have to set the TV channel with another program like xawtv of set-tv. Note: This program does not set the battery backed up clock of your computer. clock -w will do this. The -progname or -pid option specifies the program or teletext PID if using the DVB interface. If neither of these two options is used, alevt outputs informations about the currently accessible streams and uses the first of these PIDs as default. This output contains the PIDs and names that can be used as an input for the -progname or -pid option in the context of the currently chosen TV channel. FILES
/dev/vbi* /dev/dvb/adapter*/demux* SEE ALSO
alevt(1x), alevt-cap(1), strftime(3), date(1), clock(8). BUGS
This program is just a toy. The time transmitted by the TV stations is more than inaccurate. Some are within a few seconds of your local time reference but others are more then 15 minutes off. You've been warned. (And don't assume the pkt8/30 time is better. It's even worse.) No bug reports to <froese@gmx.de> *g*. LINUX 1.6.2 ALEVT-DATE(1)