Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stuck with awk !!!
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Stuck with awk !!! Post 302853461 by zsycho on Saturday 14th of September 2013 01:11:58 PM
Old 09-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Use printf "%.2f" to round to 2 decimal places (assuming that's your only problem, which I can see from the output).
If you see the output carefully, you will see that the output shows 100.000000 for Result code [0] even though it should not be 100, it should be 91.30 for Bank1.sss.

The first column data is the success rate in percentage for any error for a particular bank.

Eg:
For Bank 1,

total entries : 63+2+4=69
63/69*100 = 91.30
2/69*100 = 2.89 ... and so on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stuck....!

I have been busy reading away on devices and filesystems and I am stuck on a particular subject matter.. I'm not understanding the concept behind mknod mkfifo makedev or related commands.. can anyone shed some light on the subject.! any feedback welcome! moxxx68 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Got stuck so plz help

I'm having problem writing a shell script using bash that takes a file as an argument. The script should be able to determine what permissions the owner, group and everybody has for the file passed in. could anyone plz help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stuck and confused

#!/bin/bash echo $1 | cat - $2 >> /tmp/$$ && mv /tmp/$$ $2 im trying to get the first argument to go in the middle of the second argument which is a file, anyone any ideas. i have only managed to get it to go on the end or the front. been fiddling about with wc -l, i get the number of lines... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iago
5 Replies

4. Programming

I'm stuck :(

Suppose that I have some data: 12,30 12,45 2,3 7,8 3,9 30, 8 45,54 56,65 Where (a,b) indicates that a is connected to b. I want to get all connected nodes to one point. For instance, the output of the above example should be something like: Group 1 2,3 3,9 Group 2 12,30 12,45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
4 Replies

5. AIX

really stuck- need to get a variable within a variable- AWK

Hi all, I have been struggling with this all day, and it is key to a conversion database I have to write. The data converts the information out of an array using AWK, and basically all I have to do is figure out how to get the value of a variable inside a variable. Right now at its... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help! im stuck..

I want to search for the line with the group name and add the user into the group. The file format is the same as /etc/group The code i wrote is egrep "^$newGID" $group >/dev/null FS=":" oldData=awk -F: '{print $3}' newData= "$oldData,$newUser" sed -n $4/$newData $group but a friend... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cherrywinter
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I am stuck in my script

Hi All I have script that find 777 dir with specific extension like .php .Now after finding all 777 directory i will place in httpd.conf using a directory directive ,Now i was not do that,if directory entry exitst in httpd.conf then script ignor it dont show me at stdout else if it dont find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getting stuck after BEGIN

I am beginner in awk awk 'BEGIN{for(i=1;(getline<"opnoise")>0;i++) arr=$1}{print arr}' In the above script, opnoise is a file, I am reading it into an array and then printing the value corresponding to index 20. Well this is not my real objective, but I have posted this example to describe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akshaykr2
1 Replies

9. Linux

Stuck in pthread_cond_signal()

I am developing a multi-threaded library that helps the transformation of messages between threads in different processes using shared memory. I am using the pthreads condition facility in order to synchronize access to the shared memory slots through which the messages are passed. My test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhzdh
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

stuck on assignment

I was given this to do, Write a Shell script to automatically check that a specified user is logged in to the computer. The program should allow the person running the script to specify the name of the user to be checked, the frequency in seconds at which the script should check. If a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: operator
1 Replies
IO::Digest(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     IO::Digest(3)

NAME
IO::Digest - Calculate digests while reading or writing SYNOPSIS
use IO::Digest; # Get a Digest::MD5 object that takes input while $fh being written or read my $fh; my $iod = IO::Digest->new ($fh, 'MD5'); print $fh "fooo"; print $iod->hexdigest DESCRIPTION
This module allows you to calculate digests while reading or writing file handles. This avoids the case you need to reread the same content to compute the digests after written a file. TEST COVERAGE
----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ File stmt branch cond sub time total ----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ blib/lib/IO/Digest.pm 100.0 n/a n/a 100.0 100.0 100.0 Total 100.0 n/a n/a 100.0 100.0 100.0 ----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004 by Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2013-02-16 IO::Digest(3)