Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tracking process via ps command Post 302853441 by MadeInGermany on Saturday 14th of September 2013 11:59:49 AM
Old 09-14-2013
Code:
pgrep '^httpd$'

is the same as
Code:
pgrep -x httpd

Instead of -n (newest) I would take -o (oldest), or pick the one that is spawned by init (PID 1)
Code:
pgrep -P 1 -x httpd

NB in Solaris zones the latter does not work because init is not 1 (and even got a different name).
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process command

I'm looking for a specific command to extract the libraries linked to a specific process. Would someone get an idea ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonoche
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command Tracking

Hi, OS: Solaris9, SPARC Is there any way I can track the commands run by users from the shell prompt? Example: Somebody is deleting files from the system. Who it is is a mystery. That person obviously does not use bash prompt so there is no history. Is there anyway I can find out who... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process ID of Command

I need a way to get the Process ID of the last command I executed in a script. Not the last background process but the last command. For example, suppose I am executing a binary inside a script like so. binary.program argument1 argument2 If this binary program runs fast, is there a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracking user

dear all, I'm facing problem that is i have noticed from few days back that some body is deleting and making changes in the file from developement server where i'm working(in unix) so i want to track that who is using the server, what performancr they are doing and each every thing which r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracking down the problem

Is there a way to track down what process is sending to a certain port? I have some thing pounding the network with requests to a multicast IP that doesn't exist. I have shut down all comms related processes and yet it is still there. Need a way to track the port or IP back to the process. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattmanuel
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Routing by connection tracking

Hello, I have switch port, that allows only a single MAC/IP connected to it. - But, I would like to connect two hosts, without any additional private network. (No NAT.) Therefore the plan is adding a linux router doing proxy-arp with three interfaces, one for host1, one for host2 and one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michas
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Tracking Process to a particular

I've tried to see what I can find on my own but I'm coming up with goose eggs. Basically I was wondering if there was a way of querying the scheduler (or something similar) to track a process back to a particular CPU it's executing on at the time of the command. ps has a "cpu" output option but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tracking users through history command

Hi folks, I have the basic query that there are 3 unix boxes having their individual access now in my team there are 4 members who are using the same credentials to access those 3 boxes through putty ssh from their windows desktop , now if i want to check which 4 members have executed the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with tracking successful completion of Child process running in background

Hello All, I am using Linux. I have two scripts: inner_script.ksh main_wrapper_calling_inner.ksh Below is the code snippet of the main_wrapper_calling_inner.ksh: #!/bin/ksh ppids=() ---> Main array for process ids. fppids=() ---> array to capture failed process ids. pcnt=0 --->... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmukherjee
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)