Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing variable as an argument to another script Post 302853033 by Manasa Pradeep on Friday 13th of September 2013 04:15:19 AM
Old 09-13-2013
Yep.
bcoz of single quote, ' -b "FPT MAIN" '
it is not able to recognise arguments.

Code:
a="-b \"FPT2 Main\" -e 1node_ran_ref -v 371145 -R" ; echo $a ; set -x ;/build/fpsdkroot_extra/bin/cicli.py getlastCompleteOKbuild "$a" ; set +x
-b "FPT2 Main" -e 1node_ran_ref -v 371145 -R
+ /build/fpsdkroot_extra/bin/cicli.py getlastCompleteOKbuild '-b "FPT2 Main" -e 1node_ran_ref -v 371145 -R'
NO SUCH BRANCH
ERROR: 11: Branch object not found
+ set +x

-bash-3.00$ /build/fpsdkroot_extra/bin/cicli.py getlastCompleteOKbuild  -b "FPT2 Main" -e 1node_ran_ref -v 371145 -R
1node_ran_ref:
R_FPT_2.4.1.1.WR.64.rh.1309031601.371145
DEPLOYMENT:
create_1node_ran_ref.sh

-bash-3.00$

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags (not ICODE tags) for multi-line code segments.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 09-13-2013 at 05:43 AM.. Reason: Change ICODE tags to CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing argument to awk script

I am writing a shell script. Now i need to read in a string and send it to an awk file to compare and search for compatible record. I wrote it like tat: read serial | awk -f generate.awk data.dat p/s: the data file got 6 field. According to an expert, we can write it like tat: read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the command line argument in a variable

Hi, I am new to unix. Is their a way to pass the output of the line below to a variable var1. ls -1t | head -1. I am trying something like var1=ls -1t | head -1, but I get error. Situation is: I get file everyday through FTP in my unix box. I have to write a script that picks up first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument from one script to other

Dear All, I have one script which accepts database name and user_id from the user, i have another script that will unload the data from all the tables based on the user_id accepted by the user. How can i pass the user_id from the 1st script to the other. My OS is sun solaris. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lloydnwo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run the script by argument passing

Hi All, I have a question regarding running this script by passing an argument, for example ./ShellParse.sh sun, how do i do that? So i want when i pass argument sun, it shouild execute things inside the for loop. I want to support some other platforms too, so there are more for loops to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing --usage as argument to awk script

I have the awk script below and things go wrong when I do awk -v dsrmx=25 -f ./checkSRDry.awk --usage I basically want to override the usual --usage and --help that awk gives. How do people usually handle this situation when you also want to supply your own usage and help concerning the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument from Java to Shell script

Hi All, I want to pass array of argument from Java to a shell script.I can use process builder api and its exec() method to call the script,but the question is how to receive the parameter in the script. Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet_Atti
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing full path as argument when it contains variable strings

Hi, In directory "inoutfiles", I have folders fold0001, fold0002 and so on. Every folder has corresponding file file0001.txt, file0002.txt and so on. I want to perform a certain action on multiple files in one go. The cpp file is in the same directory as "inoutfiles". This is my code : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidD312
0 Replies

8. Programming

Passing full path as argument when it contains variable strings

Hi, In directory "inoutfiles", I have folders fold0001, fold0002 and so on. Every folder has corresponding file file0001.txt, file0002.txt and so on. I want to perform a certain action on multiple files in one go. The cpp file is in the same directory as "inoutfiles". This is my code : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KidD312
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing argument in script?

hi, I want to implement some function to perform following task if ; then $TEXT = "Data_0" else $TEXT = $1 fi if ; then $Lines = 45 else $Lines = $2 fi Kindly suggest, thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-akq] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. The following options are available: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-D (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
January 22, 2004 BSD