Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing variable as an argument to another script Post 302853007 by ahamed101 on Friday 13th of September 2013 03:47:52 AM
Old 09-13-2013
Try
Code:
a=" -b \"FPT MAIN\" "; echo $a ;set -x ; ./test.sh "$a"; set +x

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing argument to awk script

I am writing a shell script. Now i need to read in a string and send it to an awk file to compare and search for compatible record. I wrote it like tat: read serial | awk -f generate.awk data.dat p/s: the data file got 6 field. According to an expert, we can write it like tat: read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the command line argument in a variable

Hi, I am new to unix. Is their a way to pass the output of the line below to a variable var1. ls -1t | head -1. I am trying something like var1=ls -1t | head -1, but I get error. Situation is: I get file everyday through FTP in my unix box. I have to write a script that picks up first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument from one script to other

Dear All, I have one script which accepts database name and user_id from the user, i have another script that will unload the data from all the tables based on the user_id accepted by the user. How can i pass the user_id from the 1st script to the other. My OS is sun solaris. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lloydnwo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run the script by argument passing

Hi All, I have a question regarding running this script by passing an argument, for example ./ShellParse.sh sun, how do i do that? So i want when i pass argument sun, it shouild execute things inside the for loop. I want to support some other platforms too, so there are more for loops to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing --usage as argument to awk script

I have the awk script below and things go wrong when I do awk -v dsrmx=25 -f ./checkSRDry.awk --usage I basically want to override the usual --usage and --help that awk gives. How do people usually handle this situation when you also want to supply your own usage and help concerning the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument from Java to Shell script

Hi All, I want to pass array of argument from Java to a shell script.I can use process builder api and its exec() method to call the script,but the question is how to receive the parameter in the script. Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet_Atti
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing full path as argument when it contains variable strings

Hi, In directory "inoutfiles", I have folders fold0001, fold0002 and so on. Every folder has corresponding file file0001.txt, file0002.txt and so on. I want to perform a certain action on multiple files in one go. The cpp file is in the same directory as "inoutfiles". This is my code : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidD312
0 Replies

8. Programming

Passing full path as argument when it contains variable strings

Hi, In directory "inoutfiles", I have folders fold0001, fold0002 and so on. Every folder has corresponding file file0001.txt, file0002.txt and so on. I want to perform a certain action on multiple files in one go. The cpp file is in the same directory as "inoutfiles". This is my code : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KidD312
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing argument in script?

hi, I want to implement some function to perform following task if ; then $TEXT = "Data_0" else $TEXT = $1 fi if ; then $Lines = 45 else $Lines = $2 fi Kindly suggest, thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)