Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Command To Delete Number from Array Post 302852693 by pmurray21 on Thursday 12th of September 2013 07:21:50 AM
Old 09-12-2013
This is a trimmed example of the input:

Code:
Info: ****************************************************************
Info: App:  Version 2.0.1  Date 2013/09/01
Info: Started at:         Tue Sep 10 10:30:04 2013
Info: Hostname:           Server1
Info: Configuration file: App
Info: blah
Info: App:  Version 2.0.1  Date 2013/09/01
Info: Started at:         Tue Sep 11 10:30:03 2013
Info: Hostname:           Server1
Info: Configuration file: App

Note there are config options in the application to have the date and or time at the start of each line. In this example I would want two files created from this.....one containing lines 1-13 and the second containing line 14-end

Cheers

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

display the actual number of bash command interpreter

Hello everybody! I have a problem "Write script, which will display the actual number of bash command interpreter, working in the operating system." I used ps command to list all process running in the system but I don't know how to select only bash command interpreter. Pls give me some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nguyendu0102
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to delete file input on command line

1) I wrote a script and gave the desired permissions using "chmod 755 scriptname". Now if i edit the script file, why do i need to set the permission again? Didn't i set the permission attribute.. or if i edit the file, does the inode number of file changes? 2) I am running my unix on a server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animesharma
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Loading a command's output line by line into an array

I have been trying this a lot of different ways and haven't found too much online. Here's what I've got so far: j=0 declare -a first zero=(`cat $tmpfile`) for i in "${zero}" do command $i >> "${first}" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete lines above a certin line number in bash shell

Hi, I have written a script that returns the line number of the pattern i want and i stored the line number in a variable(getlinenumber).Now i want to delete all the lines in a file above this line number which is stored in a variable. i am using sed '1,$getlinenumberd' > file1.txt which is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninguser235
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete lines above a certin line number in bash shell

Hi, I have written a script that returns the line number of the pattern i want and i stored the line number in a variable.Now i want to delete all the lines in a file above this line number which is stored in a variable. i am using sed '1,$getlinenumberd' > file1.txt which is not working(wrog... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninguser235
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays: rebin/interpolate smaller array to large array

hello, i need a bit of help on how to do this effectively in bash without a lot of extra looping or massive switch/case i have a long array of M elements and a short array of N elements, so M > N always. M is not a multiple of N. for case 1, I want to stretch N to fit M arrayHuge H = (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies

8. Programming

Bash script - find command with delete and exec

hi all, i have devised a script that starts in /restored/ and in there, there are a lot of sub folders called peoples names and in the sub folders are files/folders and it deletes the data in the sub folders BUT not the sub folder itself and it should then touch a file in all the sub folders... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need a Bash script for iterating thru an array and running a command

Hi , I am a total beginner so bear with me. I have the below code which works . I need to extend it by iterating thru the array arr and executing a command in each loop. some thing on the lines of below. I need to run this in a Jenkins script , so I would need below bash script to run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SVRao19056
6 Replies
Info::CiscoRTT(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Info::CiscoRTT(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::CiscoRTT - SNMP Interface to Cisco's Round Trip Time MIBs AUTHOR
Alexander Hartmaier SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $rtt = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'myswitch', Community => 'public', Version => 2 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $rtt->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
SNMP::Info::CiscoRTT is a subclass of SNMP::Info that provides information about a cisco device's RTT values. Use or create in a subclass of SNMP::Info. Do not use directly. Inherited Classes none. Required MIBs CISCO-RTTMON-MIB MIBs can be found at ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/v2.tar.gz GLOBALS
None TABLE METHODS
Overall Control Group Table This table is from "CISCO-RTTMAN-MIB::rttMonCtrlAdminTable" $rtt->rtt_desc() ("rttMonCtrlAdminOwner") Overall Control Group Table This table is from "CISCO-RTTMON-MIB::rttMonCtrl" $rtt->rtt_last() ("rttMonLatestRttOperCompletionTime") perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::CiscoRTT(3pm)