Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Problem compiling the kernel and linking problems in OpenSuse 12.3 Post 302852181 by Corona688 on Tuesday 10th of September 2013 05:46:19 PM
Old 09-10-2013
You are missing some fundamental libraries. Try installing libgcc using your distribution's normal package manager.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compiling and linking 2 C files ...??

Hi mates, I am trying to copile and link to C programs with command: cc file1,file2 but i raises the error "file not found" ... am i doing the right way? any suggestion will be appreciated. thanks abdul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul
4 Replies

2. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

3. Programming

beginner at C: Need help compiling/linking with gcc

I'm trying to do something fairly simple but keep getting frustrating messages.. Here it is: I have 3 files: init.h <header> init.c <#include <curses.h> and "init.h"> main.c <#include "init.h"> now, how can I compile my main.c using gcc? ( I have a hard time making the init.o) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: My_Name
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem when compiling and installing the kernel

hello; i'm trying to install a new kernel in fedora core 5 i'm using the following command: /usr/src/linux-2.6.15.1# make && make modules && make modules_install && make install but i always have the following error: ld: édition de lien finale en échec: Aucun espace disponible sur le périphérique ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalil smail
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Compiling 2.6 Kernel. :confused:

Dear Linux Masters, I need ur help in the following: 1. Compiling 2.6 kernel. 2. my Redhat system is 2.4 kernel how to add 2.6 kernel. 3. I need minimum feature in 2.6 ( most probably related to networking) Please let me know if any sites to download 2.6 kernel. Can u all please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokmeti
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling Mach 3.0 Kernel

Hi, I am very new to this. I would like to compile the Mach 3.0 kernel. Can someone explain, step-by-step, how to turn all the Mach 3.0 kernel code into a single binary file that will run directly on an x86 computer? Also, once (and if) I get it working, what software works on it? My goal is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dublinus
2 Replies

7. Programming

Problems while linking Fortran program (-> undefined reference to...)

Hello, we are a group of students (mechanical engineering) who are trying to port UNIX-software to a PC Linux system during a study project. The first goals were achieved: compiling the Fortran code and creating object files. However, we encounter errors during the linking process. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dynamo
0 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling and linking Shared Libraries.

I have one C program which contains a function call. I have been given some .so and .h files. I want to know how to compile and link the c program with .so files. I tried following: $ gcc My_program.c libCommon.so My_program.c: In function âmainâ: My_program.c:11: warning: parameter names... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
3 Replies

9. Linux

kernel compiling

Hello, I have several questions to get awnsered about the newer linux kernels (2.6.25) and above. 1st question: Ive read that the newer kernels you can compile the marvell sd8686 driver from the source. can anyone confrim this? only binaries i see for that driver are for 2.6.24 and im already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: old noob
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while compiling the kernel 3.3.1.

Hi I m using redhat 6 with kernel release 2.6.32-71.el6.i686 I have downloaded latest kernel 3.3.1 from kernel.org . when i run make module_install i get below error. # make modules_install /usr/src/kernels/linux-3.3.1/scripts/depmod.sh: line 37: 11314 Killed ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies
URIO(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   URIO(4)

NAME
urio -- USB driver for the Rio MP3 players SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device urio Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): urio_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The urio driver provides support for Rio MP3 players from Diamond MultiMedia which attaches to the USB port. The urio device must be config- ured in the kernel, along with usb and one of the uhci or ohci controllers. Subsequently, the /dev/urio0 device can be used by the Rio userland applications. HARDWARE
The following devices are supported by the urio driver: o Diamond MultiMedia Rio 500 o Diamond MultiMedia Rio 600 o Diamond MultiMedia Rio 800 FILES
/dev/urio0 blocking device node EXAMPLES
The following line in the kernel configuration file adds the urio driver to the kernel: device urio To download a song over the USB connection into the Rio using the rio_add_song(1) utility (see the SEE ALSO section): rio_add_song /usr/local/MP3/TracyChapman/02-Fast-Car.mp3 SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4) The Rio 500 SourceForge Project Web Page, http://rio500.sourceforge.net/. The Rio500 tools from SourceForge are the actual userland tools used to download, format or rename songs on players. When compiling these tools, the following pre-build configuration command will ensure that rio_usb.h is available in the include path and that the device used is /dev/urio0: CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/dev/usb" ./configure --with-devicepath='/dev' --with-deviceentry='urio0' AUTHORS
The urio driver was written by Iwasa Kazmi <kzmi@ca2.so-net.ne.jp> for FreeBSD. This manual page was written by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD