Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Schedule backup with crontab/tar Post 302851179 by edfair on Saturday 7th of September 2013 10:35:41 AM
Old 09-07-2013
In a different OS I used:
Code:
45 15 * * 6 /usr/bin/backup

and in /usr/bin/backup
Code:
rm usr/float/important.tar
tar cvf /usr/tmp/important.tar /usr/float
mv /usr/tmp/important.tar /usr/float

if I understand what you are attempting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab schedule - first thursday of every month

Instead of the first five fields, one of eight special strings may appear: string meaning ------ ------- @reboot Run once, at startup. @yearly Run once a year, "0 0 1 1 *". @annually (same as @yearly) @monthly Run once a month, "0 0 1 * *". @weekly Run once... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulds
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab schedule

I have the following crontab entry. 0,30 00-16 * * * This job runs every 30 minutes between the hours of 12:00AM and 4:00PM. How can I have it stop at 4:30PM instead? Thank you, David (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule my script without crontab

I have a script which shoud run after every 30 minutes.Though I know abt crontab, unfortunately I dont have access/authorization to use crontab in my terminal. Could any one pls let me know how to schedule the script without crontab ? Regards Prashant:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a job using Crontab

I would like to execute my script at 17.30 and 23.00 using crontab, could anybody help me out!! Thanks in Advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Crontab schedule

Hi, I want schedule a script with fowllowing days. The crontab and schedule to run every 2 hours from Monday to Saturday at noon. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab schedule

Hi, I have a script which will query the DB and added to crontab at 1,2,6,7 AM everyday and sends a email if count is 0. Now the problem is, if crontab is disabled it doesn't sends a mail. Please tell me how can I handle this situation in the script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Schedule a Crontab

All, I'm a newbie with crontab and I need your help with schedule a cold-backup running every Sunday at 7am except 1st of the month. Thank you so much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanie123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule a script in crontab.

Hi, My script is in $home/bin/sample.sh. I want to run the script for 3times a day, first execution will be at 08:00 am. second execution will be at 16:00 pm third will be at 23:59 pm. what will be the entry with this requirement?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrima.pratima
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab schedule

Hi all, I would like to schedule a crontab script, which should run From 8pm Thursday to 2am Friday and it should run every 10 minutes. I have put a script like below, is it the correct one. 10 01,02,20,21,22,23,00 * * 4-5 /u01/app/test.ksh Any other options available to schedule the same... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sid2013
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule crontab?

Hi All, How to schedule crontab on all day except sunday and monday means from tuesday to saturday at 06:00AM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
3 Replies
PLOT(1G)																  PLOT(1G)

NAME
plot - graphics filters SYNOPSIS
plot [ -Tterminal [ raster ] ] DESCRIPTION
These commands read plotting instructions (see plot(5)) from the standard input, and in general produce plotting instructions suitable for a particular terminal on the standard output. If no terminal type is specified, the environment parameter $TERM (see environ(5)) is used. Known terminals are: 4014 Tektronix 4014 storage scope. 450 DASI Hyterm 450 terminal (Diablo mechanism). 300 DASI 300 or GSI terminal (Diablo mechanism). 300S DASI 300S terminal (Diablo mechanism). ver Versatec D1200A printer-plotter. This version of plot places a scan-converted image in `/usr/tmp/raster' and sends the result directly to the plotter device rather than to the standard output. The optional argument causes a previously scan-converted file raster to be sent to the plotter. FILES
/usr/bin/tek /usr/bin/t450 /usr/bin/t300 /usr/bin/t300s /usr/bin/vplot /usr/tmp/raster SEE ALSO
plot(3), plot(5) BUGS
There is no lockout protection for /usr/tmp/raster. PLOT(1G)