Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Basic Android platform information. Post 302850835 by Neo on Thursday 5th of September 2013 07:20:29 PM
Old 09-05-2013
Android Studio for MacOS

FYI,

I run Android Studio (see screenshot attached), for MacOS Android development.

Personally, I am very interested in Android.
Basic Android platform information.-screen-shot-2013-09-06-61821-ampng
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Basic information please.

Good day all. I was glad to find this site. I am not new to computing as I have been in the field sense 1986 but my experience has almost all been with Windows systems. I garbed a book and managed to get a UNIX box running FreeBSD for my mail server and I'm serving 3 web sites off of two Win-98... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sleeper =RG=
2 Replies

2. Android

Android is Linux (and Java)

In case you did not know, Android 2.1, Éclair, runs on the 2.6.29 Linux kernel. However, the user space it is built atop Dalvik, a Google-designed custom JVM (Java virtual machine). This is pretty interesting, when you think about it. The core of Android is the linux kernel, and the standard... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

3. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Android

Basic commands for android!!

Hi, I have a n android phone and just rooted it. I access it using 'terminal Emulator'. I performed many basic linux-like commands in the terminal like rm,ls,df,reboot etc and they are working fine. But many of them are not like man <something>, clear,du etc. Can any of you please help to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
20 Replies

5. Android

Security in Android apps

Hi, I am Conrad I was wondering, if anybody would be able to hack accounts on Android apps. I mean for example we are logged on ebay or Facebook app, and we simply quit to home screen, without logging out, and also disconnect from network and again turn on network. -To the point, Is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kondziorek
0 Replies
GNOME-SCREENSHOT(1)													       GNOME-SCREENSHOT(1)

NAME
gnome-screenshot - capture the screen, a window, or an user-defined area and save the snapshot image to a file. SYNOPSIS
gnome-screenshot [ -w ] [ -a ] [ -b ] [ -B ] [ -d SECONDS ] [ -e EFFECT ] [ -i ] [ --display DISPLAY ] DESCRIPTION
gnome-screenshot is a GNOME utility for taking screenshots of the entire screen, a window or an user-defined area of the screen, with optional beutifying border effects. OPTIONS
-w, --window Grab the current active window instead of the entire screen. -a, --area Grab an area of the screen instead of the entire screen. -b, --include-border Include the window border within the screenshot. -B, --remove-border Remove the window border from the screenshot. -d, --delay=SECONDS, Take the screenshot after the specified delay [in seconds]. -e, --effect=EFFECT, Add an effect to the outside of the screenshot border. EFFECT can be ``shadow'' (adding drop shadow), ``border'' (adding rectangu- lar space around the screenshot) or ``none'' (no effect). Default is ``none''. -i, --interactive Interactively set options in a dialog. --display=DISPLAY X display to use. -?, -h, --help Show a summary of the available options. In addition, the usual GTK+ and GNOME command line options apply. See the output of --help for details. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Updated by Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <thep@linux.thai.net>, Tom Feiner <feiner.tom@gmail.com> and Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc@gnome.org> June 28, 2009 GNOME-SCREENSHOT(1)