Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing script from csh to bash Post 302850603 by jiam912 on Thursday 5th of September 2013 06:30:22 AM
Old 09-05-2013
Hi disedorgue

It works fine thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting bash script to csh

Hi, I'm a beginner in scripting and I recently wrote a bash script that would've worked fine until I realized it needed to be written in csh. Could someone please show me how to correctly change the syntax from bash to csh in this script? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I can provide more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kweekwom
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: issue changing directories in script

I am working on a script that checks two arguments at the command line. The first argument is a search pattern, the second can be a file or a directory, if it is a file a second script is called that checks it for the search pattern. If the second argument is a directory, it checks for the search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing cron using bash script

How can I change the cron entries only for ABC and XYZ from dosomething_1.0.sh to nowchanged_2.0 using a bash script ? Any help will be appreciated. # # ABC 00,05,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /mydir/dosomething_1.0.sh 1>/dev/null 2>&1 # # ## # DEF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate a short csh script to bash

Hi, I have a csh: set NODES = `cat $HOST_FILE` set NODELIST = $TMPDIR/namd2.nodelist echo group main >! $NODELIST foreach node ( $NODES ) echo host $node >> $NODELIST end @ NUMPROCS = 2 * $#NODES I am very frustrated to translate it to bash: NODES = `cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a bash script in csh shell?

Hi how to execute a bash script in csh shell? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubinovito
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert csh to bash

Hi, Can anyone give me a script to convert csh to bash? or any key points which can help me to do so as i am new to it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

error LD: undefined variable while changing shell from bash to csh

Hi, i am a beginner in ubuntu. my default shell is bash. everytime i try to change the shell with command "csh", i get a message (probably an error message). after i get into c-shell, when i try to execute a c shellscript, then it showed the same message. any idea about what is this about or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Avinash Nayak
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting awk script from bash to csh

I have the following script set up and working properly in bash. It basically copies a set of lines which match "AS1100002" from one file and replaces the same lines in another file. awk -vN=AS1100002* 'NR==FNR { if($1 ~ N)K=$0; next } { if($1 in K) $0=K; print }' $datadir/file1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing date using bash script

I am trying to change dates in a bash script. I have a start time and an endtime and want to increment the times. Basically the month and day have to be incremented in a loop to create two strings, stm and etm defining the start and end times. stm="2014-05-13T00:00:00"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: novilatte
4 Replies
UDISKS-DAEMON(8)						   udisks-daemon						  UDISKS-DAEMON(8)

NAME
udisks-daemon - udisks Daemon SYNOPSIS
udisks-daemon [--help] DESCRIPTION
udisks-daemon provides the org.freedesktop.UDisks service on the system message bus. Users or administrators should never need to start this daemon as it will be automatically started by dbus-daemon(1) whenever an application calls into the org.freedesktop.UDisks service. See the udisks(7) man page for information on how to customize how udisks-daemon works. OPTIONS
--help Show help options. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen david@fubar.dk with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=udisks. SEE ALSO
udisks(7), udisks(1), udisks-tcp-bridge(1), dbus-daemon(1) udisks April 2008 UDISKS-DAEMON(8)