Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing script from csh to bash Post 302850603 by jiam912 on Thursday 5th of September 2013 06:30:22 AM
Old 09-05-2013
Hi disedorgue

It works fine thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting bash script to csh

Hi, I'm a beginner in scripting and I recently wrote a bash script that would've worked fine until I realized it needed to be written in csh. Could someone please show me how to correctly change the syntax from bash to csh in this script? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I can provide more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kweekwom
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: issue changing directories in script

I am working on a script that checks two arguments at the command line. The first argument is a search pattern, the second can be a file or a directory, if it is a file a second script is called that checks it for the search pattern. If the second argument is a directory, it checks for the search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing cron using bash script

How can I change the cron entries only for ABC and XYZ from dosomething_1.0.sh to nowchanged_2.0 using a bash script ? Any help will be appreciated. # # ABC 00,05,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /mydir/dosomething_1.0.sh 1>/dev/null 2>&1 # # ## # DEF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate a short csh script to bash

Hi, I have a csh: set NODES = `cat $HOST_FILE` set NODELIST = $TMPDIR/namd2.nodelist echo group main >! $NODELIST foreach node ( $NODES ) echo host $node >> $NODELIST end @ NUMPROCS = 2 * $#NODES I am very frustrated to translate it to bash: NODES = `cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a bash script in csh shell?

Hi how to execute a bash script in csh shell? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubinovito
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert csh to bash

Hi, Can anyone give me a script to convert csh to bash? or any key points which can help me to do so as i am new to it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

error LD: undefined variable while changing shell from bash to csh

Hi, i am a beginner in ubuntu. my default shell is bash. everytime i try to change the shell with command "csh", i get a message (probably an error message). after i get into c-shell, when i try to execute a c shellscript, then it showed the same message. any idea about what is this about or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Avinash Nayak
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting awk script from bash to csh

I have the following script set up and working properly in bash. It basically copies a set of lines which match "AS1100002" from one file and replaces the same lines in another file. awk -vN=AS1100002* 'NR==FNR { if($1 ~ N)K=$0; next } { if($1 in K) $0=K; print }' $datadir/file1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing date using bash script

I am trying to change dates in a bash script. I have a start time and an endtime and want to increment the times. Basically the month and day have to be incremented in a loop to create two strings, stm and etm defining the start and end times. stm="2014-05-13T00:00:00"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: novilatte
4 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)