Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to get the heading in files along with data Post 302850259 by Jotne on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 11:20:44 AM
Old 09-04-2013
This User Gave Thanks to Jotne For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete all data from multiple files

its urgent!!!!!!111 i need a script which can delete data from multiple files. plz if anybody knows the script plz write a mail to me : (Email addresses are not allowed) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uni_ajay_r
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for log files data!

Hi Team, please write a shell script. It is for veritas netbackup logs. The result we currently have is a single file for each day's backups. we will keep the files in the directory and the file names are like below mentioned. example :/opt/openv/netbackup/reports/Daily/NB_success*. The No... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvrao77
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for extract data from xml files

Hi All, Prepare a perl script for extracting data from xml file. The xml data look like as AC StartTime="1227858839" ID="88" ETime="1227858837" DSTFlag="false" Type="2" Duration="303" /> <AS StartTime="1227858849" SigPairs="119 40 98 15 100 32 128 18 131 23 70 39 123 20 120 27 100 17 136 12... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Bug: A script to compile two types of data files into two temporary files

Dear other forum members, I'm writing a script for my homework, but I'm scratching all over my head and still can't figure out what I did wrong. Please help me. I just started to learn about bash scripting, and I appreciate if anyone of you can point out my errors. I thank you in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilove2smoke
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script processing data from 2 files

Hi! I have 2 files containing data that I need to process at the same time, I have problems in reading a different number of lines from the different files. Here is an explanation of what I need to do (possibly with an awk script). File "samples.txt" contains data in the format: time_instant... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alice236
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract columns from multiple files with a file name as heading

Hi All, I have 7 files, each containing 9 columns separated by space. I want to extract the 9th columns from every file and save in a new file. The columns must be pasted next to each other. And the title of each columns should be the name of the corresponding files! Since the 3rd column is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
1 Replies

7. Programming

Python script for extracting data using two files

Hello, I have two files. File 1 is a list of interested IDs Ex1 Ex2 Ex3File 2 is the original file with over 8000 columns and 20 millions rows and is a compressed file .gz Ex1 xx xx xx xx .... Ex2 xx xx xx xx .... Ex2 xx xx xx xx ....Now I need to extract the information for all the IDs of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Column Heading

Hi, I am selecting few columns from a table using select query in UNIX shell script ans sending the results as E-mail. But the column headings are not displayed fully. Instead it displays only a part of the heading. Please help as how to display it fully. Thanks in advance for your help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvelmuru
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need heading in files

Hi All, The below code is splitting the file "data.csv" into several files based on the"client_code" column. date_yyyymmdd=$(my_date "" -e"%Y%m%d") file_format="_$date_yyyymmdd.csv awk '{print $2, $3> DIR"/clients_" $1 file_out}' FS=' *; *' OFS=";" DIR="$TEMPL" file_out="_$file_format"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
GSLP(1) 							    Ghostscript 							   GSLP(1)

NAME
gslp - Format and print text using ghostscript gsbj - Format and print text for BubbleJet printer using ghostscript gsdj - Format and print text for DeskJet printer using ghostscript gsdj500 - Format and print text for DeskJet 500 BubbleJet using ghostscript gslj - Format and print text for LaserJet printer using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
gslp -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> -T<n> --add-to-space <units> --add-to-width <units> --columns <n> --detect --first-page <n> --kern <file.afm> --last-page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> --margin-(top|bot- tom|left|right) <inches> --no-eject-(file|formfeed) --spacing <n> [gs options] [files] gsbj [options] [files] gsdj [options] [files] gsdj500 [options] [files] gslj [options] [files] DESCRIPTION
This utility provides functionality approximately equivalent to the Unix enscript(1) program. It prints plain text files using a single font. It currently handles tabs and formfeeds, but not backspaces. It will line-wrap when using fixed-pitch fonts. It will also do kern- ing and width adjustment. The default device (-sDEVICE=) and resolution (-r) are as follows: gslp epson 180 gsbj bj10e 180 gsdj deskjet 300 gsdj500 djet500 300 gslj laserjet 300 By default the current date is formatted as the center header. OPTIONS
Standard switches implemented: -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> Sun switches implemented: -T<n> set tab width Switches ignored: -GghKkmow -# -C -d -J -n -P -S -s -t -v Switches added: --add-to-space <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each space (may be negative) --add-to-width <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each character (may be negative) --columns <n> print in <n> columns --detect treat the file as PostScript if it starts with %! --first-page <n> start printing at page <n> --kern <file.afm> kern using information from the given .AFM file --last-page <n> stop printing after page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> set the heading/footing fields; use -B first to clear --margin-(top|bottom|left|right) <inches> set a margin --no-eject-(file|formfeed) end-of-file/FF only starts a new column, not a new sheet --spacing <n> use double (n=2), triple (n=3), etc. spacing Also, the string %# in a heading or footing is replaced with the page #. SEE ALSO
gs(1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 9.07. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 9.07 12 February 2013 GSLP(1)