Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date format in Bash Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Date format in Bash Script Post 302849595 by Skrynesaver on Monday 2nd of September 2013 12:11:04 PM
Old 09-02-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Simply, using:
Code:
# DAY=12
# date +%Y-%m-$DAY
2013-09-12

Checking validity of scripts as root, there's confidence for ya Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash date format

hi guys. in bash is there any other way of limiting the time displayed to HH:MM appart from (date +"%H:%M") and (date +"%R")? i want to input time into a database in the form HH:MM have tried NOW() but this gives me HH:MM:SS thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vadharah
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing from Excel date format to MySQL date format

I have a list of dates in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy and want to change these to the MySQL standard format: yyyy-mm-dd. The dates in the original file may or may not be zero padded, so April is sometimes "04" and other times simply "4". This is what I use to change the format: sed -i '' -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a user defined date value in the DATE format itself using shell script?

I need to increment a date value through shell script. Input value consist of start date and end date in DATE format of unix. For eg. I need increment a date value of 1/1/09 to 31/12/09 i.e for a whole yr. The output must look like 1/1/09 2/2/09 . . . 31/1/09 . . 1/2/09 . 28/2/09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil087
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Date format script (in .sh)

Could anyone suggest me on how to write unix script for displaying yesterdays date ie. if today is 2nd Mar then when i run .sh script i should get displayed as "01-Mar-2010". (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithin
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format string/date in bash?

I have string like "1-JUN-11" and it needs to be converted to "01JUN11" and "1/6/2011":confused::confused::confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford99
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date format in Bash Script

Hi Experts I'm struggling with the dates in bash scripting. here is my code due1=`grep "$member" Due.txt | tail -n 1 | cut -d "," -f2 | tr -d "\15"` duedate1=`date +%Y-%m-%$due1` echo $due1 echo $duedate1 if I execute the above code I get output as 10 2013-09 %10 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all Files in a UNIX Directory from one date format to another date format

Hi Unix Gurus, I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scripting with date format conversion

I have a script below and wanted to change the output into three different file format (3 separate script) #!bin/bash #input file format postwrf_d01_20131206_0600_f08400.grb2 #postwrf_d01_YYYYMMDD_ZZZZ_f0HHHH.grb2 #zzzz= 0000,0600,1200,1800 (in UTC) #HHHH=00000,00600,01200,01800 ..ect (in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cumulus_255
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Changing date format with script

I'm trying to change date format using this script from day/month/year to month/day/year #!/bin/bash while read line; do echo "$line" date=$(echo "$line" | cut -d/ -f1 ) month=$(echo "$line" | cut -d/ -f2 ) echo $month"/"$date"/2017" done < ~/Downloads/Dates.csv But I get output as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharat
5 Replies
Prima::Calendar(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prima::Calendar(3)

NAME
Prima::Calendar - standard calendar widget SYNOPSIS
use Prima::Calendar; my $cal = Prima::Calendar-> create( useLocale => 1, onChange => sub { print $_[0]-> date_as_string, " "; }, ); $cal-> date_from_time( localtime ); $cal-> month( 5); DESCRIPTION
Provides interactive selection of date between 1900 and 2099 years. The main property, date, is a three-integer array, day, month, and year, in the format of perl localtime ( see "localtime" in perlfunc ) - day can be in range from 1 to 31,month from 0 to 11, year from 0 to 199. API
Events Change Called when the date property is changed. Properties date DAY, MONTH, YEAR Accepts three integers in format of "localtime". DAY can be from 1 to 31, MONTH from 0 to 11, YEAR from 0 to 199. Default value: today's date. day INTEGER Selects the day in month. firstDayOfWeek INTEGER Selects the first day of week, an integer between 0 and 6, where 0 is Sunday is the first day, 1 is Monday etc. Default value: 0 month Selects the month. useLocale BOOLEAN If 1, the locale-specific names of months and days of week are used. These are read by calling "POSIX::strftime". If invocation of POSIX module fails, the property is automatically assigned to 0. If 0, the English names of months and days of week are used. Default value: 1 See also: date_as_string year Selects the year. Methods can_use_locale Returns boolean value, whether the locale information can be retrieved by calling "strftime". month2str MONTH Returns MONTH name according to useLocale value. make_months Returns array of 12 month names according to useLocale value. day_of_week DAY, MONTH, YEAR, [ USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK = 1 ] Returns integer value, from 0 to 6, of the day of week on DAY, MONTH, YEAR date. If boolean USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK is set, the value of "firstDayOfWeek" property is taken into the account, so 0 is a Sunday shifted forward by "firstDayOfWeek" days. The switch from Julian to Gregorian calendar is ignored. date_as_string [ DAY, MONTH, YEAR ] Returns string representation of date on DAY, MONTH, YEAR according to useLocale property value. date_from_time SEC, MIN, HOUR, M_DAY, MONTH, YEAR, ... Copies date from "localtime" or "gmtime" result. This helper method allows the following syntax: $calendar-> date_from_time( localtime( time)); AUTHOR
Dmitry Karasik, <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>. SEE ALSO
Prima, Prima::Widget, POSIX, "localtime" in perlfunc, "time" in perlfunc, examples/calendar.pl. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-24 Prima::Calendar(3)