Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date format in Bash Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Date format in Bash Script Post 302849587 by parpaa on Monday 2nd of September 2013 12:03:56 PM
Old 09-02-2013
Date format in Bash Script

Hi Experts,

We get "Day" of a month in a variable, so how to make date of out it?

To make more sense
if my variable $DAY contains "12" and month and year will be current date (as of today)
so I want to see as output as 2013-09-12.

How can I achive this bash script??

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash date format

hi guys. in bash is there any other way of limiting the time displayed to HH:MM appart from (date +"%H:%M") and (date +"%R")? i want to input time into a database in the form HH:MM have tried NOW() but this gives me HH:MM:SS thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vadharah
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing from Excel date format to MySQL date format

I have a list of dates in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy and want to change these to the MySQL standard format: yyyy-mm-dd. The dates in the original file may or may not be zero padded, so April is sometimes "04" and other times simply "4". This is what I use to change the format: sed -i '' -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a user defined date value in the DATE format itself using shell script?

I need to increment a date value through shell script. Input value consist of start date and end date in DATE format of unix. For eg. I need increment a date value of 1/1/09 to 31/12/09 i.e for a whole yr. The output must look like 1/1/09 2/2/09 . . . 31/1/09 . . 1/2/09 . 28/2/09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil087
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Date format script (in .sh)

Could anyone suggest me on how to write unix script for displaying yesterdays date ie. if today is 2nd Mar then when i run .sh script i should get displayed as "01-Mar-2010". (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithin
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format string/date in bash?

I have string like "1-JUN-11" and it needs to be converted to "01JUN11" and "1/6/2011":confused::confused::confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford99
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date format in Bash Script

Hi Experts I'm struggling with the dates in bash scripting. here is my code due1=`grep "$member" Due.txt | tail -n 1 | cut -d "," -f2 | tr -d "\15"` duedate1=`date +%Y-%m-%$due1` echo $due1 echo $duedate1 if I execute the above code I get output as 10 2013-09 %10 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all Files in a UNIX Directory from one date format to another date format

Hi Unix Gurus, I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scripting with date format conversion

I have a script below and wanted to change the output into three different file format (3 separate script) #!bin/bash #input file format postwrf_d01_20131206_0600_f08400.grb2 #postwrf_d01_YYYYMMDD_ZZZZ_f0HHHH.grb2 #zzzz= 0000,0600,1200,1800 (in UTC) #HHHH=00000,00600,01200,01800 ..ect (in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cumulus_255
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Changing date format with script

I'm trying to change date format using this script from day/month/year to month/day/year #!/bin/bash while read line; do echo "$line" date=$(echo "$line" | cut -d/ -f1 ) month=$(echo "$line" | cut -d/ -f2 ) echo $month"/"$date"/2017" done < ~/Downloads/Dates.csv But I get output as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharat
5 Replies
CAL_FROM_JD(3)								 1							    CAL_FROM_JD(3)

cal_from_jd - Converts from Julian Day Count to a supported calendar

SYNOPSIS
array cal_from_jd (int $jd, int $calendar) DESCRIPTION
cal_from_jd(3) converts the Julian day given in $jd into a date of the specified $calendar. Supported $calendar values are CAL_GREGORIAN, CAL_JULIAN, CAL_JEWISH and CAL_FRENCH. PARAMETERS
o $jd - Julian day as integer o $calendar - Calendar to convert to RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing calendar information like month, day, year, day of week, abbreviated and full names of weekday and month and the date in string form "month/day/year". EXAMPLES
Example #1 cal_from_jd(3) example <?php $today = unixtojd(mktime(0, 0, 0, 8, 16, 2003)); print_r(cal_from_jd($today, CAL_GREGORIAN)); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [date] => 8/16/2003 [month] => 8 [day] => 16 [year] => 2003 [dow] => 6 [abbrevdayname] => Sat [dayname] => Saturday [abbrevmonth] => Aug [monthname] => August ) SEE ALSO
cal_to_jd(3), jdtofrench(3), jdtogregorian(3), jdtojewish(3), jdtojulian(3), jdtounix(3). PHP Documentation Group CAL_FROM_JD(3)