Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server performance
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Server performance Post 302848849 by beta17 on Friday 30th of August 2013 08:19:33 AM
Old 08-30-2013
how many cpus/cores do you have??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

server performance..

Hi, would like to know the server status from the following 'top' out put. Because, the application is giving a bad performance. would like to know whether the load is within the acceptable limit. Murali... System: shpu28 Tue Feb 3 10:03:31... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manduva
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

server/client performance

Ello group, I have general question about how the performance of server/client should be? My server is able to answer about 650times per second. Is it good performance? the apache on the same machine makes 1600/sec BUT there is nine instances of httpd daemon what makes 180/ sec /instance. of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomjan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

performance of unix server

Hi, I am supposed to run few jobs based on the usage of unix server. How to find out if the server is too busy. what are the commands we can use to find out that. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnat
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Server performance

Hi, i would like to ask if it is possible to get the server load on a solaris machine, but i don't want something like uptime (load average), iostat and vmstat. I would like to get something in percentage like CPU load in %, Disk usage in %, Ram usage in %. I want to collect this data and to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Server performance

Hi, Please advice .. if server is slowness then what are the steps i have to follow... Thanks, Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
5 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

99% performance wa, slow server.

There is a big problem with the server (VPS based on OpenVZ, CentOS 5, 3GB RAM). The problem is the following. The first 15-20 minutes after starting the server is operating normally, the load average is less than or about 1.0, but then begins to increase sharply% wa, then hovers around 95-99%.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: draiphod
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Server performance bottleneck

hi all, My server box is slow running. I have provide some statistics below: Where is the bottleneck on the server? I guess the bottleneck is disk I/O? bash-3.00# prstat -Z PID USERNAME SIZE RSS STATE PRI NICE TIME CPU PROCESS/NLWP 29206 mobi1 334M 264M sleep ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: buyantugs
8 Replies

8. AIX

Poor Performance of server

Hi, I am new registered user here in this UNIX forums. I am a new system administrator for AIX 6.1. One of our servers performs poorly every time our application (FINACLE) runs many processes/instances. (see below for topas snapshot) I use NMON or Topas to monitor the server utilization. I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guzzelle
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance of a server

Hi, how can we define performance of a server (Windows or Unix or Linux) ? If processes waiting for CPU (on queue) are usually more than 3 or 5 can we conclude that CPU is not enough for that usage ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance Bottleneck in server, Need help

We are wondering if we are facing performance issue in our server when running Informatica jobs. Two things to suspect: cache memory never comes down even when Top shows > 99% used. There is some contention io or network related or Cache is clogged top - 20:58:20 up 16 days, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smart_guy471
3 Replies
ppuconfig(1M)															     ppuconfig(1M)

NAME
ppuconfig - configure Pay per use daemon SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is a tool for configuring communication between the Pay per use daemon (see ppud(1M)) and a utility meter. A utility meter must be speci- fied for a Pay per use system before the daemon will collect and send utilization data to HP. In the absence of this data, HP may assume 100% utilization and bill for the system accordingly. If is invoked without any options, the current settings will be displayed. After initially configuring the utility meter with the command, use the ppuconfig -t command to perform a round trip communication test with the meter and to perform other validation checks. If the daemon is not running, this command will start the daemon. When is used to modify the configuration information related to the utility meter, it is not necessary to restart the daemon. When config- uration information is modified also use to verify the new configuration. can be used to place a cap on the number of active cores, thereby limiting the maximum utilization reported to HP. This option is not allowed in a virtual partition environment. For more information see the Pay per use User's Guide located at /usr/share/doc/PayPerUseUserGuide.pdf Options recognizes the following command-line options and arguments: Specifies the number of cores that should be active on this partition the next time it boots. Upon the next partition reboot, cores may be deactivated until this value is reached. Specification of the value "all" means that all cores that can be active, should be active. "all" is the default cap. To specify a cap and make it take effect immediately, specify the option in conjunction with the option. Note: the option does not apply to virtual partitions. To limit the number of active cores in a virtual partition, use the vpar- modify(1M) command to assign or unassign cores. Specifies that the hostname should be used as the system identifier for the Pay per use system when reporting usage information. Specifies the utility meter that the Pay per use system should use for reporting usage data. The meter can be specified as a fully qualified hostname or IP address. A non-blank value is required. Reconcile. Instructs to activate or deactivate cores to get to the specified cap value. will only deactivate cores from the default proces- sor set (pset 0) and will never deactivate the last core in a cell or the last core in the partition. Note: this option does not apply to virtual partitions. Specifies the system identifier that the Pay per use system should use when reporting. This can be any value that helps you identify this system (for example, a tracking number, asset number, physi- cal location, etc). Until a system identifier is specified, the hostname will be used by default. This identifier is transmit- ted to HP and shows up on the Utility Pricing Solutions portal (http://www.hp.com/go/payperuse) to help you identify your system. Perform a communication test between Pay per use software and the configured utility meter. Perform other validation checks to make sure PPU information can be acquired. Start the ppud daemon if it is not running. RETURN VALUES
exits with one of these values: Success Failure; error message sent to EXAMPLES
The following example shows configuration of the utility meter to a system called alpha.corp.com followed by a communication test of that meter. ppuconfig -m alpha.corp.com ppuconfig -t The following example shows how to cap the number of active cores to three and make it take effect immediately. ppuconfig -rc 3 The following example shows how to remove a cap from the system and always have all cores active. ppuconfig -c all The following example shows how to set the system ID for this system. The system ID can be any text that helps you better identify your system. ppuconfig -s "rp8410 in bldg 7 1st floor system room: ID#234879" AUTHORS
ppuconfig was developed by HP. FILES
/etc/ppu/ppu_config File containing utility meter configuration data. If this file is removed, the daemon will not be started at system boot and utilization data will not be transmitted to HP. /var/ppu/PPUReport.xml File created every 30 minutes containing a report of the core utilization over the last 30 minutes for this partition. SEE ALSO
ppud(1M), ppu(5) ppuconfig(1M)