Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with SMC after applying Patchset 1-148888-03 Post 302848697 by os2mac on Thursday 29th of August 2013 09:01:18 PM
Old 08-29-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbetts
I am running into the same issue with SMC being borked after applying a patchset. Unfortunately, I am running Trusted Extensions and there is no other "simple" way to edit user's labels without SMC.
I think you could have stopped at "issue with SMC being borked". Smilie

In my experience, and apparently everyone else's, SMC stands for sucky management console. In Fact, Oracle has removed SMC from Solaris 11 and recommends that you go old school to do those functions.

WRT labels you can edit prof_attr and user_attr manually. You just have to be able to map the hex string to the Label you want to attribute to that user. Which should simple be a matter of finding another user with the same label and cut and paste.

Hope this helps.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SMC Help Please

We changed our root password on one of our Master NIS machines. We tried going into the SMC after the password change and it keeps failing for root login. I can login to the server via the root account. Just cannot open the SMC with the root account. This user is required to manage the users. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buckhtr77
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Smc

When I start SMC IT still doesnot work .It still remain configuration and don't change to welcome screen Please help me :mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Jass & SMC login problem

After I run Jass , I can bring up the SMC GUI, but it wont let me log in as root. It works without Jass being run. Does anyone know what in Jass disables this. I have tried removing some things from jass like remote-root-login to no avail. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. I ram running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garydeena
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smc problem

Hello, I've a Solaris 10. When I attemp to run SMC and click somthing there (for example "system information") , an error message is shown on the screen and says me WBEM is not running. (But actually WBEM is working). It says "if WBEM runing, I should stop/start wbem and try again." but I do it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
0 Replies

5. Solaris

A little help with SMC

I installed the smc and now I'm getting the below error when i try to access it via web. Apache Tomcat/4.0.5 - HTTP Status 404 - /smconsole.jnlp The service Apache2 is in maintenance mode and I can't get it online. Can someone help with this please? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Recommended patchset for Solaris and the patch bundle

Hello I recently downloaded and installed the latest patchset for Solaris 10 (update 5) running on SPARC. Actually I am new to Solaris (I come from Red Hat) and the security department asked me to update the system for security fixes. I logged in to Oracle support and used the recommended patch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
3 Replies

7. Solaris

New Patchset

Does anyone know what is going on with Solaris 10 and oracle? I am unable to download any new patchset, says I do not have permissions any longer . I am unable to get a response from them. Reason I ask, is that we had no warning, and company has a contract? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies
SN(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     SN(4)

NAME
sn -- Ethernet driver for SMC91Cxx based cards SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device sn Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_sn_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The sn device driver supports SMC91Cxx based ISA and PCMCIA cards. HARDWARE
The sn driver supports SMC91Cxx based ISA and PCMCIA cards including: o 3Com Megahertz X-Jack Ethernet PC Card XJ10BT, XJ10BC o 3Com Megahertz XJEM and CCEM series: CCEM3288C, CCEM3288T, CCEM3336, CEM3336C, CCEM3336T, XJEM1144C, XJEM1144T, XJEM3288C, XJEM3288T, XJEM3336 o Farallon EtherMac PC Card 595a o Motorola Mariner Ethernet/Modem PC Card o Ositech Seven of Diamonds Ethernet PC Card o Ositech Jack of Hearts Ethernet/Modem PC Card o Psion Gold Card Netglobal Ethernet PC Card o Psion Gold Card Netglobal 10/100 Fast Ethernet PC Card o Psion Gold Card Netglobal 56k+10Mb Ethernet PC Card o SMC EZEther PC Card (8020BT) o SMC EZEther PC Card (8020T) The sn driver supports the SMC 91C90, SMC 91C92, SMC 91C94, SMC 91C95, SMC 91C96, SMC91C100 and SMC 91C100FD chips from SMC. The Farallon EtherWave and EtherMac card came in two varieties. The ep(4) driver supports the 595 and 895 cards. These cards have the blue arrow on the front along with a 3Com logo. The Farallon 595a cards, which have a red arrow on the front, are also called EtherWave and EtherMac. They are supported by the sn driver. SEE ALSO
ed(4), ep(4), ie(4), intro(4), ng_ether(4), vx(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The sn device driver appeared in FreeBSD 4.0. BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD