Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script reading needed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script reading needed Post 302848207 by jefferj54 on Wednesday 28th of August 2013 06:27:41 PM
Old 08-28-2013
Re:Re: Script Reading Needed

Thanks so much. Okay.

Line 1 - good morning.
Line 2 - Enter option 1 to add.
Line 3 - option q to quit.
Line 4 - "while (loop) - Whatever is entered is not equal to q or quit.
Line 5 - do (part of while loop) - read "Enter" ? (not sure)
Line 6 - "case" - Whatever is entered, is input?? (also not sure)

The rest I understand. The punch line is that sum=$((num1 + num2)) will perform the general addition.
And the sum, sum= echo "$sum" will be sent to standard output.

esac completes "case."
done completes "while" loop.

Hope I'm close.

Thanks again,
joe.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Input in a Script

#!/usr/bin/sh echo "Enter reason:" echo "> \c" read $reason $reason >> access.log This doesnt work for me. Can someone tell me how I would read the input from what the person types, and then append that to the log file? Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
2 Replies

2. Programming

Reading a file into a C++ script

Hi, I'm trying to read a file in with and assigne the stream to a char * type. I've manged it using the cin.get returning type char, but am having run-time problems returning a char *. For example, char *pStream = "file.txt"; ifstream from(pStream); from.open(pStream); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to reading a file

hi, I have a file containing names, say n number of names, sample file robin smith dallas frey cook all these names are in a file name called names.txt and it is placed in a directory called /data/names all i want is to write a script, which will read from the file and gives the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT HELP NEEDED ON -File size reading

All Expert, I am using Sun OS 5.8 and Perl version 5 in One server and Perl 5.8 in another unix server. I am able to read a file using fopen function of perl --file size having more then 3 GB of data.(In the machine where Perl 5.8 install) But when i am running the same perl script --It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jambesh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help needed

I have a code given below... ERROR=`grep "Job Status" ${LOG_FILE}` ERROR=${ERROR##*\(} ERROR=${ERROR%%\)*} if then echo "The job completed successfully" EXIT_STATUS=0 else echo "The job failed" EXIT_STATUS=1 fi can anybody tell me what is ERROR=${ERROR##*\(}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sagarddd
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for reading logs of a script running on other UNIX server

Hi, I have a script, running on some outside firwall server and it's log of success or failure is maintained in a file. I want to write a script which ftp that server and reads that file and checks the logs and if failure , I will send mail notification. Please let meknow if I am not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vandana.parwani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed...

Hi! I have a file which has a list of host, I want to ssh to each of the first box for an app and grep through the logs for version of the application and look for a certain string "Connection is open" in the log file. The file I am referring to looks like this - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed reading the file

I am reading a pipe delimted file having the 4 columns. The file content looks like APT|string|Application ID For App|value for env in `cat $ConfigFile` do name=`echo $env | cut -d '|' -f1` type=`echo $env | cut -d '|' -f2 prompt=`echo $env | cut -d '|' -f3` ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in reading line value into variable

I have a file which has data in 8 lines: 10 34 6 1 4 46 67 31 I am trying to read each value into each different variable so that I use these variables in preparing my report. Another option is to dynamically print each line values in the report like below: users with privA:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarat949
2 Replies
Geometry::Primitive::Line(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Geometry::Primitive::Line(3pm)

NAME
Geometry::Primitive::Line - A Line DESCRIPTION
Geometry::Primitive::Line represents a straight curve defined by two points. SYNOPSIS
use Geometry::Primitive::Line; my $line = Geometry::Primitive::Line->new(); $line->start($point1); $line->end($point2); ATTRIBUTES
end Set/Get the end point of the line. start Set/Get the start point of the line. METHODS
new Creates a new Geometry::Primitive::Line contains_point Returns true if the supplied point is 'on' the line. Accepts either a point object or an x y pair. grow Does nothing, as I'm not sure how. Patches or hints welcome. is_parallel ($other_line) Returns true if the supplied line is parallel to this one. is_perpendicular ($other_line) Returns true if the supplied line is perpendicular to this one. length Get the length of the line. point_end Get the end point. Provided for Shape role. point_start Get the start point. Provided for Shape role. scale Does nothing at the moment. slope Get the slope of the line. to_string Guess! y_intercept Returns the Y intercept of this line. AUTHOR
Cory Watson <gphat@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE You can redistribute and/or modify this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-10 Geometry::Primitive::Line(3pm)