Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Calling shell script within shell script Post 302846977 by baanprog on Monday 26th of August 2013 04:42:10 AM
Old 08-26-2013
Explain what you mean by asynchronously

Can you explain what you mean by asynchronously??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling dos2unix on shell script from within the script

I have a build script. It was created on Linux. For some reason, I got it to windows and modified it. And brought it back again to Linux. Since there is the question of the ^M chars appearing, the way out is to do a dos2unix on the script file. This is done manually. Is there a way to call... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell functions from another shell script

Hi, I have a query .. i have 2 scripts say 1.sh and 2.sh 1.sh contains many functions written using shell scripts. 2.sh is a script which needs to call the functions definded in 1.sh function calls are with arguments. Can some one tell me how to call the functions from 2.sh? Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to return the value from the called shell script to the calling sh script

Hi all, I have two ksh scripts #sample1.sh #!/bin/ksh . ./sample2.sh echo $fileExist #sample2.sh #!/bin/ksh func() { i=1 return $a } func echo $? Here how should I return the value of sample2.sh back to sample1.sh? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gp_singh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a shell script from a perl script

Hi, I have one shel script which returns some value and I am calling this shell script from a perl script which needs the out put/return value of shell script. But I don't know how to collect the output/return value of the shell script. Can any one give some idea on it? For example: The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error calling TCL script from shell script

hello everyone i am beginner on shell scripting .and i am working on my project work on ad hoc network i wrote a batch (.sh) to do a looping and execute a tcl script i wrote before in each iteration ..but i got this problem " syntax error near unexpected token `('... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcoss90
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in calling a shell script from another script

HI, We are using two shell scripts, script.sh,env.sh, where env.sh will be called inside script.sh. The variable inside env.sh is used as $var in script.sh.But while running the script its not identifying that variable. Is there any permission needed to call a script inside another script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: banupriyat
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can pass the argument when calling shell script from perl script

Can someone let me know how could I achieve this In one of per script I am calling the shell script but I need to so one thing that is one shell script call I need to pass pne argument.In below code I am calling my ftp script but here I want to pass one argument so how could I do this (e.g:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script present on another server using perl script.

Hi, I am working on a sever A. I want to write a perl script to execute a shell script persent on the server B. please help me in this. thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandgodse
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script within awk script throws error

I am getting the following error while passing parameter to a shell script called within awk script. Any idea what's causing this issue and how to ix it ? Thanks sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' sh: -c: line 0: `./billdatecalc.sh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
10 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3)