Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract Numbers from a log file Post 302846899 by Sajjadmehdi on Monday 26th of August 2013 03:13:29 AM
Old 08-26-2013
Extract Numbers from a log file

Hi,

I am trying to grep/extract the number list from this log file, can I get some help on this. I can grep the word 'href' to see the numbers, but it is resulting with the complete line.

Content of my file:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Index of Directory/Temp</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Index of Directory/Temp</h1>
<pre>Name  Last modified      Size</pre>
<hr/>
<pre><a href="https://www.unix.com/">../</a>
<a href="129/"">129/</a>   22-Aug-2013 10:00    -
<a href="133/"">133/</a>   21-Aug-2013 14:04    -
<a href="134/"">134/</a>   21-Aug-2013 14:10    -
<a href="135/"">135/</a>   21-Aug-2013 14:12    -
<a href="136/"">136/</a>   21-Aug-2013 14:15    -
</pre>
<hr/>
<address style="font-size:small;"> Server at Test Port 80</address>
</body>
</html>

Expecting output is :
Code:

Last edited by Franklin52; 08-26-2013 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract only the "numbers" that are present in this file to a seperate file..

It may sounds too easy but appreciate any help on this.. i have a file with the below details: ****************************************** Please find the locked pernr details for the Time evaluation Personnel number could not be locked Person rejected: 04552737 Personnel number could not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers below words with awk

Hi all, Please some help over here. I have a Sales.txt file containing info in blocks for every sold product in the pattern showed below (only for 2 products). NEW BLOCK SALE DATA PRODUCT SERIAL 79833269999 146701011945004 .Some other data .Some... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract numbers from a word

Hi ppl, I am a bit lost on this...can some one assist. I know this can be down with awk or sed, but i cant get the exact syntax right. I need to only extract the numbers from a signle word ( eg abcd.123.xyz ) How can i extract 123 only ? Thanks (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemali
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers from text file work out average

Just wondering if someone could assist me with shell script I'm trying to write. I need to read the final column of a text file (shown below) and workout what the average number is. The text file will have a variable number of lines, I just want the script to pull out the values in the final field... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract numbers from .txt file

I need to extract all the p-value numbers and the rho numbers from a .txt file and write them as coma separated values in a new file. Ideally I would get two files in the end, one for p- values and one for rho. Any suggestions? I appreciate your help!!! The .txt file looks essentially like this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eggali
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help please with Grep/Sed command to extract text and numbers from a file

Hello All, I need to extract lines from a file that contains ALPHANUMERIC and the length of Alphanumeric is set to 16. I have pasted the sample of the lines from the text file that I have created. My problem is that sometimes 16 appears in other part of the line. I'm only interested to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract rows from file based on row numbers stored in another file

Hi All, I have a file which is like this: rows.dat 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 8 7 8 9 0 4 3 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 I have another file with numbers like these (numbers.txt): 1 3 4 5 I want to read numbers.txt file line by line. The extract the row from rows.dat based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers from file name-how to ?

Hello friends,I am new to Unix programming. how do I achieve the following in Unix shell script (I am running ksh on AIX) extract the number from name of file? My file format is like "LongFileName-1234.020614-221030.txt" now I want to extract value which is between (-) hyphen and (.) dot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f150
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers from output file and compare to value

Hi, I developed a script which finally originates a similar output: net0:up,Tx=475198bps,Rx=31009bps net1:up,Tx=39596bps,Rx=35678bps Of course the figures change and also the amount of interfaces (ex: could be more then net0 and net1). This is done automatically. The next step i'm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Substr with % - extract numbers only

# cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.5 (Maipo) I have this script that will monitor filesystems and send me e-amil alerts. #! /bin/ksh DIST_LIST=monitor@...com WORKDIR=/home/monitor WARNLEVEL=90 MAIL_SUBJ="filesystems monitor on "$(hostname) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielshell
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)