Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Limit FTP user's access to a specific directory Post 302846827 by darakas on Monday 26th of August 2013 01:10:18 AM
Old 08-26-2013
Hi
Please reffer this blog post..
solaris4servers.blogspot.com/2013/06/create-ftp-only-user-in-solaris-10-with.html Create ftp access only user in Solaris 10 with user restrictions(access rights) - Oracle Solaris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

failed to access directory thru ftp

Hi all, I am a beginner to unix and ftp too.So i request your valuable comments. Requirement: I want to put a specific file into a server(linux) and under a particular directory path in that server as /caps/details/data/ Problem : I login to that server through the command `ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict FTP access to a single directory for only one user.

Hi All, It will be very great if you can help me in this issue. Thanks in advance. I need to enable FTP on a solaris9 server. I need to create a new user some "xxxxxx" and he can only FTP the files to and from between /tftpboot directory and network devices. Other users should not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshkumar_d
8 Replies

3. Solaris

when FTP user will go to specific directory

Hi experts, I have a user "bingo" in my sunsolaris 9. # /etc/passwd bingo:x:513:1::/export/home/bingo:/bin/bash when anyone Telnet to this user it goes to his home directory /export/home/bingo But now i want- when someone FTP to this user "bingo" it will NOT go to his home dir. Rather it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

4. Solaris

create user with RWX access to a specific directory in Solaris 10

I need to create a user account for a developer that will allow him rwx access to all resources in a directory. How can I do that? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
5 Replies

5. AIX

Limit user access

We have gotten an application that will read and display logs in a report format. The application need a user name and password to access the AIX servers where the logs reside. My problem is the logs are in a few different file systems on the server. Is there any way to lock the user to only the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

User access to only specific subdirectory

is is possible to grant user access to only one subdirectory? example a. create ftp user with read/write/delete access (ftp user doesnt belong to uguys group) $ cd /etc/mydir $ls file1 file2 $ls -al -rw-rw-r-x 2 unixguy uguys 96 Dec 8 12:53 file1 -rw-rw-r-x 2 unixguy uguys 96... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allow user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file

Is there a way to allow a user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

8. Solaris

How to Limit ftp access parameters for specific users?

Dear friends, :) I create new user useradd -g other -d /export/home/sltftp -m -s /bin/bash -c "SLT user account for TMA ftp backup" sltftp now i need do restrict thees chmod delete overwrite rename from this user:(for all the files in the server ,sltftp user can only able to download... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darakas
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Limit Website access upto specific count

Hi to all, I am new to Linux. but i am facing issue with my web server in Ubuntu 11.10. In my webserver i want to restrict maximum users website access (e.g., suppose i want to restrict users to access web to 250 persons in single time). So can you please suggest me to how to do that in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chintanghanti
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Limit bash/sh user's access to a specific directory

Hello Team, I have Solaris 10 u6 I have a user test1 using bash that belong to the group staff. I would like to restrict this user to navigate only in his home directory and his subfolders but not not move out to other directories. How can I do it ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies
ftphosts(4)							   File Formats 						       ftphosts(4)

NAME
ftphosts - FTP Server individual user host access file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftphosts DESCRIPTION
The ftphosts file is used to allow or deny access to accounts from specified hosts. The following access capabilities are supported: allow username addrglob [addrglob...] Only allow users to login as username from host(s) that match addrglob. deny username addrglob [addrglob...] Do not allow users to login as username from host(s) that match addrglob. A username of * matches all users. A username of anonymous or ftp specifies the anonymous user. addrglob is a regular expression that is matched against hostnames or IP addresses. addrglob may also be in the form address:netmask or address/CIDR, or be the name of a file that starts with a slash ('/') and contains additional address globs. An exclamation mark (`!') placed before the addrglob negates the test. The first allow or deny entry in the ftphosts file that matches a username and host is used. If no entry exists for a username, then access is allowed. Otherwise, a matching allow entry is required to permit access. EXAMPLES
You can use the following ftphosts file to allow anonymous access from any host except those on the class A network 10, with the exception of 10.0.0.* IP addresses, which are allowed access: allow ftp 10.0.0.* deny ftp 10.*.*.* allow ftp * 10.0.0.* can be written as 10.0.0.0:255.255.255.0 or 10.0.0.0/24. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftphosts ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftphosts(4)