Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with SMC after applying Patchset 1-148888-03 Post 302846669 by cbetts on Sunday 25th of August 2013 12:49:36 PM
Old 08-25-2013
Hey Wraith, looks like you and I have similar problems, probably for the same reason. I am running into the same issue with SMC being borked after applying a patchset. Unfortunately, I am running Trusted Extensions and there is no other "simple" way to edit user's labels without SMC.

I am trying various things and will let you know if I find a fix.

---------- Post updated at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:37 AM ----------

Got mine fixed. I was Googling all around and found this page:

bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4867287

This gave me the idea that Java was my issue, not SMC. I looked at my last patch cluster and looked for any Java updates. I found patch 118668-53 (this is an x86 box so look for 118667 for SPARC). Once I backed this patch out, normality was restored.
This User Gave Thanks to cbetts For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SMC Help Please

We changed our root password on one of our Master NIS machines. We tried going into the SMC after the password change and it keeps failing for root login. I can login to the server via the root account. Just cannot open the SMC with the root account. This user is required to manage the users. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buckhtr77
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Smc

When I start SMC IT still doesnot work .It still remain configuration and don't change to welcome screen Please help me :mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Jass & SMC login problem

After I run Jass , I can bring up the SMC GUI, but it wont let me log in as root. It works without Jass being run. Does anyone know what in Jass disables this. I have tried removing some things from jass like remote-root-login to no avail. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. I ram running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garydeena
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smc problem

Hello, I've a Solaris 10. When I attemp to run SMC and click somthing there (for example "system information") , an error message is shown on the screen and says me WBEM is not running. (But actually WBEM is working). It says "if WBEM runing, I should stop/start wbem and try again." but I do it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
0 Replies

5. Solaris

A little help with SMC

I installed the smc and now I'm getting the below error when i try to access it via web. Apache Tomcat/4.0.5 - HTTP Status 404 - /smconsole.jnlp The service Apache2 is in maintenance mode and I can't get it online. Can someone help with this please? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Recommended patchset for Solaris and the patch bundle

Hello I recently downloaded and installed the latest patchset for Solaris 10 (update 5) running on SPARC. Actually I am new to Solaris (I come from Red Hat) and the security department asked me to update the system for security fixes. I logged in to Oracle support and used the recommended patch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
3 Replies

7. Solaris

New Patchset

Does anyone know what is going on with Solaris 10 and oracle? I am unable to download any new patchset, says I do not have permissions any longer . I am unable to get a response from them. Reason I ask, is that we had no warning, and company has a contract? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies
dr(7d)								      Devices								    dr(7d)

NAME
dr, drmach, ngdr, ngdrmach - Sun Enterprise 10000 dynamic reconfiguration driver SYNOPSIS
dr drmach ngdr ngdrmach DESCRIPTION
The dynamic reconfiguration (DR) driver consists of a platform-independent driver and a platform-specific module. The DR driver uses stan- dard features of the Solaris operating environment whenever possible to control DR operations and calls the platform specific module as needed. The DR driver creates minor nodes in the file system that serve as attachment points for DR operations. The DR driver provides a pseudo-driver interface to sequence attach and detach operations on system boards using file system entry points referred to as "attachment points." The attachment point form depends on the platform. Sun Enterprise 10000 Server On the Sun Enterprise 10000 server, the DR driver consists of a platform-independent driver (ngdr) and a platform-specific module (ngdr- mach). The domain configuration server (DCS) accepts DR requests from the system services processor (SSP) and uses the libcfgadm(3LIB) interface to initiate the DR operation. After the operation is performed, the results are returned to the SSP. For more information about the DCS on the Sun Enterprise 10000, refer to the dcs(1M) man page and the Sun Enterprise 10000 Dynamic Reconfiguration User Guide. The DR driver creates physical attachment points for system board slots that takes the following form: /devices/pseudo/ngdr@0:SBx Where x represents the slot number (0 to 15) for a particular board. The cfgadm_sbd(1M) plugin creates dynamic attachment points that refer to components on system boards, including CPUs, memory, or I/O devices. Refer to the cfgadm_sbd(1M) man page for more details. SEE ALSO
cfgadm_sbd(1M), ioctl(2), libcfgadm(3LIB) Sun Enterprise 10000 Dynamic Reconfiguration User Guide SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 2003 dr(7d)