Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adduser or useradd
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adduser or useradd Post 302846243 by Zeldforged on Friday 23rd of August 2013 09:11:02 AM
Old 08-23-2013
Thanks again guys, you've been extra helpful Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

question related to command "adduser"

Hello.. I dont know if i can ask this question in this session..if wrong please correct me.. This is my question.. When iam creating a user with command " adduser xxx" Where are the changes happening.. I know in /etc/passwd , /etc/shadow... in /home Is there any i missed.. please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esham
1 Replies

2. Programming

adduser

Hi, Let me know any urls where i can get the source code for "adduser" program.. Please help.. esham (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esham
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for nessus-adduser

I took a stab at writing a script to automate the interactive process of adding users to Nessus - I have zero previous coding experience. So far, it doesn't get me anywhere. I took small sections of code from posts I found on this site and others:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nolamiami
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec a build command (adduser) in a script

Hi, With a awk script i create a "adduser line" $ cat /tmp/tmp.ldif | awk -f ldif2adduser.awk adduser --uid 1002 --gid 1000 --gecos "ROUSSIN Guy" --home /homeL/guy --shell /bin/bash --disabled-password guy If i cut and paste this line, all is fine. But in a shell script i get errors : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guyr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate adduser on FreeBSD?

After just posting a query on beginners@perl.org inquiring about the perl API for automating useradd/userdel/usermod on FreeBSD, I got to thinking: Maybe perl is not the best approach to automating useradd/usermod/userdel. We have a list of users from a windows system and we want to run a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Adduser -> Access denied

hi, I have a problem with any user i created on a linux server RH. With the user root i did: adduser toto passwd toto (to give it a password - message : "all authentication tokens updated successfully") I can do a "su - toto", but when I try to connect it directly by ssh i have the message... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 adduser

Brain teaser, I was given the task below. I believe the consultant runs software on his laptop that probes our QA tier web servers for xxx The two web servers are xxx I attempt useradd command on XXX which seems to work, but when I attempt to assign a pwd, the OS denies it and says user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yellow_mustard
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adduser

hi, when i want to "adduser newuser" i receved this warning : event type "audit_buf" is a fixed event and may not be manipulated help me please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rezasadeghi
2 Replies
SQL::Translator::Schema::Object(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      SQL::Translator::Schema::Object(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Schema::Object - Base class SQL::Translator Schema objects. SYNOPSIS
DESCSIPTION
Base class for Schema objects. Sub classes Class::Base and adds the following extra functionality. Construction Derived classes should declare their attributes using the "_attributes" method. They can then inherit the "init" method from here which will call accessors of the same name for any values given in the hash passed to "new". Note that you will have to impliment the accessors your self and we expect perl style methods; call with no args to get and with arg to set. e.g. If we setup our class as follows; package SQL::Translator::Schema::Table; use base qw/SQL::Translator::Schema::Object/; __PACKAGE__->_attributes( qw/schema name/ ); sub name { ... } sub schema { ... } Then we can construct it with my $table = SQL::Translator::Schema::Table->new( schema => $schema, name => 'foo', ); and init will call "$table->name("foo")" and "$table->schema($schema)" to set it up. Any undefined args will be ignored. Multiple calls to "_attributes" are cumulative and sub classes will inherit their parents attribute names. This is currently experimental, but will hopefull go on to form an introspection API for the Schema objects. Global Attributes The following attributes are defined here, therefore all schema objects will have them. extra Get or set the objects "extra" attibutes (e.g., "ZEROFILL" for MySQL fields). Call with no args to get all the extra data. Call with a single name arg to get the value of the named extra attribute, returned as a scalar. Call with a hash or hashref to set extra attributes. Returns a hash or a hashref. $field->extra( qualifier => 'ZEROFILL' ); $qualifier = $field->extra('qualifier'); %extra = $field->extra; $extra = $field->extra; remove_extra "extra" can only be used to get or set "extra" attributes but not to remove some. Call with no args to remove all extra attributes that have been set before. Call with a list of key names to remove certain extra attributes only. # remove all extra attributes $field->remove_extra(); # remove timezone and locale attributes only $field->remove_extra(qw/timezone locale/); equals Determines if this object is the same as another. my $isIdentical = $object1->equals( $object2 ); SEE ALSO
TODO
BUGS
AUTHOR
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cpan.org>, Mark Addison <mark.addison@itn.co.uk>. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-20 SQL::Translator::Schema::Object(3pm)