Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sort mixed data file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sort mixed data file Post 302845911 by RudiC on Thursday 22nd of August 2013 02:58:34 PM
Old 08-22-2013
What about analysing and trying to understand mjf's suggestion, and then adapting it YOURSELF to your new specification?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort a big data file

Hello, I have a big data file (160 MB) full of records with pipe(|) delimited those fields. I`m sorting the file on the first field. I'm trying to sort with "sort" command and it brings me 6 minutes. I have tried with some transformation methods in perl but it results "Out of memory". I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubber08
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore Header and Footer and Sort the data in fixed width file

Hi Experts, I want to Sort the data in fixed width file where i have Header and Footer also in file. I m using below commad to do the sort based on field satarting from 15 position to 17 position , but it is not ignoring the Header and Footer of the file while sorting. In the output i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikari
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort a the file & refine data column & row format

cat file1.txt field1 "user1": field2:"data-cde" field3:"data-pqr" field4:"data-mno" field1 "user1": field2:"data-dcb" field3:"data-mxz" field4:"data-zul" field1 "user2": field2:"data-cqz" field3:"data-xoq" field4:"data-pos" Now i need to have the date like below. i have just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced: Sort, count data in column, append file name

Hi. I am not sure the title gives an optimal description of what I want to do. Also, I tried to post this in the "UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers", but it seems no-one was able to help out. I have several text files that contain data in many columns. All the files are organized the same... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesT
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use FS for mixed file?

Hi! All I am just wondering solution to use FS if file fields are separated by whitespace (one or more spaces ), tab and comma, How to use FS ? finally I want to print all columns as tab separated look at my file here tagged 130, US 121337 30.530 -58.900 1941 1 25 19.50 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - mixed for and if to select particular lines in a data file

Hi all, I am new to AWK and I am trying to solve a problem that is probably easy for an expert. Suppose I have the following data file input.txt: 20 35 43 20 23 54 20 62 21 20.5 43 12 20.5 33 11 20.5 89 87 21 33 20 21 22 21 21 56 87 I want to select from all lines having the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naska
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to parse a file with mixed formats in columns

Greetings I have a file formatted like this: rhino grey weight=1003;height=231;class=heaviest;histology=9,0,0,8 bird white weight=23;height=88;class=light;histology=7,5,1,0,0 turtle green weight=40;height=9;class=light;histology=6,0,2,0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort data file by case

Hello, I'm trying to sort a large data file by the 3rd column so that all of the first words in the 3rd column that are in all uppercase appear before (or after) the non uppercase words. For example, Data file: xxx 12345 Rat in the house xxx 12345 CAT in the hat xxx 12345 Dog in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort data in text file in particular format

I have to sort below output in text file in unix bash 20170308 DA,I,113 20170308 PM,I,123 20170308 DA,U,22 20170308 PM,U,123 20170309 DA,I,11 20170309 PM,I,23 20170309 DA,U,123 20170309 PM,U,233 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort file data according to a custom list of string

I have a string of pre defined ip address list which will always remain constant their order will never change like in below sample: iplist=8.8.5.19,9.7.5.14,12.9.9.23,8.8.8.14,144.1.113 In the above example i m considering only 5 ips but there could be many more. Now i have a file which... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
15 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)						      OpenSSL							 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(const SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 1.0.0e 2005-08-14 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)